Do you get excited about the challenge of establishing a startup as the leading brand in its space? If so, you’ll be great at Later, the #1 Instagram marketing platform trusted by over 3 million businesses.
As the PR & Influencer Marketing Manager at Later, you will build brand awareness and affinity by creating brand experiences that create deeper relationships with our audience and customers.
You will lead and scale Later’s PR, influencer, and advocacy programs to drive word of mouth and earned media placements. You will also craft and share the Later brand story, building brand awareness with new audiences and leading the corporate communication strategy for the company.
This is an exciting opportunity to propel the Later brand in new and unprecedented ways, by building strong partnerships with press, media, influencers, and content creators and customers. You will also be the main point of contact for external speaking engagements, sponsorships, and press inquiries.
We are looking for an influencer marketing pro, who is on top of the latest trends in the ever-changing influencer marketing space, has experience working with VIPs and influencers, and gets excited about building out an influencer program from the ground up.
You’ll identify, create, and maintain key relationships with influencers, publishers and customers, collaborating with the other marketing teams to turn those relationships into brand equity. You will grow and manage our influencer pipeline, negotiate deals, work with both internal and external stakeholders, and measure the performance of influencer marketing campaigns for business growth.
- Drive brand awareness and acquire new customers for Later through PR, influencer marketing & advocacy programs
- Create the overall roadmap, strategy, and annual plan for influencer marketing channel, building out an influencer marketing strategy and roadmap
- Develop strategic communication plans and programs, setting priorities, KPIs and targets; value proposition, vision, and customer-impact.
- Build advocacy programs that are mutually beneficial to our customers and Later; sharing our customers’ success stories and empowering them to share their positive experiences with Later
- Develop operations and process: creating the necessary foundations for an effective corporate communications function
- Assist with planning and execution of events and offline activations
- Management and execution of media opportunities, thought leadership, awards, and speaking opportunities; pitching media and developing relationships for thought leadership placement
- Build and foster key relationships with media, influencers, publicists and VIPs on behalf of the Later brand
- Structure and negotiate partnerships with influencers that create a win-win outcome, manage organic and paid influencer collaborations across Instagram, Youtube, course creation, and more
- Embody the brand and act as a confident, credible and reliable representative of Later in the market – whether in exploratory conversations or deal negotiations with other brands or media
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an influencer / PR/ advocacy role
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, specifically Instagram and influencer strategy
- A creative storyteller with the ability to create fresh and compelling narratives that help define our brand positioning,
- An analytical mindset, with experience tracking and reporting on KPI’s for influencer campaigns
- A keen understanding of media, trends and the news cycle with proven success achieving coverage across different media segments
- Communications Degree and/or training, including crisis management and media relations
- Passionate about exceeding growth goals in a startup environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural connector, excited to build relationships with influencers
- Experience working at innovative, fast-paced startups or indie brands is a plus
- Bonus: strong personal relationships that would be a great fit for Later
A Note About Remote:
Later is a remote-friendly company, with our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. The content marketing team is mostly remote, so this position can be located anywhere, but we are especially interested in candidates in one of our key markets of LA, NYC, or London. You must be comfortable working with a remote team located in multiple time zones over Slack & Zoom.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with your social handles and any work examples you have. In your application, please include one influencer you think Later should collaborate with and why.