The Money Team works behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payments transactions.
We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of euros across thousands of daily rides, and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
We work hand in hand with the Data, Product and Operations teams to improve our product while protecting our bankrolls and maintaining compliance and cleanliness in our accounting records:
- Numbers, numbers everywhere
- We help users manage their payment methods and coupons, a crucial part of the passenger onboarding experience
- We make sure drivers get paid on time for their work by providing them with a seamless experience so they don’t have to worry about their money
- Fraudsters are like zombies, one breach, and you’ll face an army of them
- 1 cent can become over 9000 cents if you don’t pay attention
What will you do?
As a Team Lead, you will lead a fully remote engineering team to build a product on a highly scalable technology stack (distributed systems previously written in Ruby/Elixir and more recently in Golang, running on top of Docker). You’ll have total freedom to redesign and modernise our whole payment platform!
- Work with engineering, product and data teams to facilitate project delivery and ensure alignment and on time delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers on the team’s goals while offering a collaborative welcoming environment for its members
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
- Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals. Work with our people ops team to maintain our high performance and high morale
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Be actively involved in hiring when necessary
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- At least 2 years of experience in a Team Lead of Manager role
- Experience with payment processing systems
- You have a Backend Engineer background
- Experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems / SOA
- Capable of developing a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
- Experience working within a fast-paced product company
- Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical
- Significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry
- Strong people management skills, proven success in recruiting, creating and motivating a strong performing engineering team
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform at the highest level
- Commitment to attracting diverse candidates and removing unconscious bias in all situations
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Interview with a recruiter (45min)
- Interview with your line manager (1h)
- A take home technical test
- Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future team and stakeholders