Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
You’ll join the award-winning Upwork Legal Team. We are a collaborative, trusting and high-performing team that loves to work on state-of-the art legal issues and generate practical solutions. The team has a passion for what we do that has been recognized in the industry.
- Help advance a new, complex, document intensive, impact-driven initiative intended to support Upwork’s payment capabilities
- Implement google suite and other similar tools and systems to keep projects and the team organized and on track
- Possess substantial poise and emotional intelligence in interfacing with a wide range of internal and external partners and stakeholders, including government agencies
- Take on additional project components and miscellaneous tasks as needed
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Possessing at least three years of experience in a legal environment (e.g., law firm, in-house legal department or compliance department) working for example, as a litigation paralegal or compliance analyst
- being very detail-oriented, an excellent written and oral communicator
- Possessing project management expertise and the ability to see the big and small pictures, being highly efficient and responsive in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining excellent relationships
- Being a go-getter with a keen sense of judgment and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent legal research, analytical and writing skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $96,000 – $130,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.