SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking Sales Development Representatives who are motivated to grow their career in sales at a fast-moving startup. You will identify prospects, engage in authentic conversations, build strong relationships, and set up demos for our team of Account Executives.
We are building a global social safety net to replace national welfare systems, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, and it is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
You’ll have the opportunity to be close to the ground floor with a small team selling a new but thriving product, Remote Health, which is built for businesses with remote workforces.
💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Design outreach in a way that will delight our target audience
- Drive SafetyWing’s revenue through email outreach (we don’t do cold calls!)
- Answer inbound emails and schedule call appointments
- Creatively problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ideate, test, and iterate on new ways to reach our target markets
- Attend conferences and webinars to start authentic conversations with prospects
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams on projects that are in support of the team as a whole
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Has experience in sales, outreach, customer support, or account management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- An entrepreneurial spirit who creatively solves problems and works independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Can be available daily between 8-11 am PST (our core hours, might be challenging for the candidates based in Asia)
😀 We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
Competitive salary with uncapped commission.
We have an annual team gathering where you will join us. The previous gathering was in Tulum, Mexico.
Flexible hours and vacation policy (Office hours 8-11 am PST)
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SafetyWing was founded to support nomads like ourselves by building an adaptable software-based global social safety net.
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.