As the Open Source Program Manager, you will be responsible for fostering the adoption of GitLab in the Open Source space.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with current and potential partners in the context of leading Open Source projects and organizations.
- Enable large Open Source projects to move to GitLab. Set expectations, provide them support, training, advice and help them manage the migration process.
- Develop and execute the collaboration strategy for key projects, as well as co-marketing campaigns and communication plans.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams at GitLab and strategic partners to communicate the product roadmap, feature requests, and to help prioritize them.
- Run and further develop the GitLab Open Source Initiative to increase the overall number of Open Source projects that move to GitLab.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source and technical in nature.
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies in general.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Relationships in prominent Open Source communities are a plus.
Key Performance Indicators
A Key Performance Indicator for this role is the number of Open Source projects and developers moving to GitLab per quarter.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will be asked to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Community Relations.
- Candidates will be asked to schedule a second 45 minute interview with a member of the Community Relations team.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third 45 minute interview with our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.