Are you interested in scaling up iOS development or accelerating mobile test and review times? Do you like digging into tough problems like intermittent continuous-integration test failures? Shopify’s Mobile Tooling team deals with all this and more.
The Mobile Tooling team works on reusable tools for iOS & Android development for many different mobile apps, including Shopify Mobile and Shopify POS. We primarily focus on automating the build, test, and release processes, but everything that would make mobile development faster, better, or more fun would be a potential work area.
We’re looking for a curious teammate to help ensure our mobile delivery pipeline scales up along with our mobile efforts, working on the entire tool and validation pipeline required to get an app from a whiteboard into the Apple App Store and Google Play. This includes the toolchains and command-line tools used on developer laptops, the continuous integration server fleet, device fleets, and the tools used to orchestrate the pipeline.
Relevant experience for the role:
- Coding in Ruby or another high-level language
- Building Android or iOS applications with best practices, ideally in an environment that ships many times per year
- Working with Android or iOS build and release processes, testing frameworks, and emulators
- Automating development and release-engineering processes such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Working with virtualization and containerization
Some of the tools we use: Ruby, Rails, MacStadium, Buildkite, Anka, Docker, Xcode, Android Studio, Firebase Test Lab, Shell scripting, Gradle, Google Cloud
Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application.