Inclusion at Bumble Inc.
Bumble Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, people with disabilities, and neurodivergent people to apply. We’re happy to make any reasonable adjustments that will help you feel more confident throughout the process, please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced, creative, and performance-oriented Media Strategist to help scale Bumble’s brand as the leading relationships (romantic, friendship, and business) and social networking app in the US by strategically utilizing all OOH and digital channels (performance marketing, non-attributable channels and social media).
As a key marketing leader, you will be building a customer-centric media strategy to reach the right customers when and where it matters to drive Bumble’s acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue goals. You will also be a key stakeholder in the strategy and direction for expanding our presence, including across currently untapped channels.
This role will work closely with our NA brand, user acquisition, and product marketing teams among many others, to bring the brand to life via carefully selected channels. This role is remote and will report directly to the Dir, Media Strategy.
- Develop and drive the media strategy for the brand marketing team to support business and brand health goals
- Work with the North America brand team to craft brand campaign strategies that are complementary to our evergreen performance marketing, CRM, and organic initiatives
- Work closely with agencies to execute OOH media buys and internal media buyers to execute digital campaigns
- Embrace & champion a test-and-learn environment to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend; ensure tight oversight, management and optimisation of sizable marketing budgets in the region
- Identify, create strategies for, and execute on, currently untapped channels
- Competitor auditing in media strategy and channels
- Scheduling, maintaining and reporting on marketing activity
- Own the allocation of a multi-million dollar budget, contracts, content calendar management, etc, to deliver on specific business targets
- Working alongside marketing operations teams, brand teams, etc. on audience composition, motivations, and media-focus
- Manage and foster relationships with all key media partners
- Distribute best practices and first to market media opportunities throughout the marketing organization
- Expert in all facets of media including digital, radio, print, OOH, social, programmatic and CTV
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience at a media agency or in-house media strategy team
- Sound understanding of OOH and digital media landscape including macro trends, business models, tune-in strategies, and consumer habits
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thinks both creatively and analytically
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of consumer metrics and market segmentation
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-changing industry, embrace ambiguity, work with cross-functional, global teams, and demonstrate problem-solving
- You are proactive in your approach and take initiative, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging Bumble markets
- You are positive and committed with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are committed and passionate about the Bumble brand vision and values.
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Bumble, Badoo, Fruitz and Official. The Bumble platform enables people to build healthy and equitable relationships, through kind connections. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, Bumble was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center and connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). Badoo, which was founded in 2006, is one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Fruitz, founded in 2017, encourages open and honest communication of dating intentions through playful fruit metaphors. Official is an app for couples that promotes open and honest communication between partners and was founded in 2020.