It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just over two years post-launch, we have over four thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, HubSpot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
As a result, our community of users are naturally inclined toward collaboration and partnership — and that’s where you come in. We’ve spent the past two years building an incredible and thoughtful community of partnership professionals via our blog, webinars, and ebooks. As Crossbeam’s first Marketing Events Manager you’ll help extend that industry-defining content into can’t-miss live experiences by executing events that our community cannot wait to attend.
There are no templates here, you must be comfortable with experimentation and exploration. But above all, you’ll need an unwavering commitment to producing experiences with incredible attendee feedback.
- Delivering thoughtful events where the attendee experience comes first, regardless of the scope and size of the event.
- Work within the Content team to plan and execute a robust calendar of (mostly) in-person and (sometimes) online events including conferences, webinars, happy hours, dinners, and our keystone yearly conference, Supernode.
- Manage simultaneous event timelines at once with a strict adherence to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Coordinate and execute event logistics including registration, vendor relations, contracts, travel, A/V, and more.
- Track your programs and measure the impact to identify areas of opportunities and determine the most successful events to maximize ROI.
- Coordinating Crossbeam’s participation in third-party and partner events, including executing sponsorship obligations and staff attendance.
- Help define the team’s tech stack around event planning and organization.
- Working with event stakeholders across Crossbeam, including leaders in marketing, sales, product marketing, and executive teams.
THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR TRAITS:
- You have managed a 200+ person B2B SaaS Conference before.
- You have strong opinions about the optimal registration flow for large events.
- While you enjoy having input on the content and programming, your superpower is event execution.
- You feel comfortable negotiating with vendors, speakers, & various stakeholders.
- You have a system for organizing several events at once without losing sight of any of the details.
- You are good at “closing the loop” with internal stakeholders and following up on tasks, deadlines, and deliverables.
- You think of event speakers like a playlist, the right order is key.
- You speak your mind, have no issue raising concerns with company leaders, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- You just got more excited than scared reading the above list.
We go through the same interview steps for all Event Planner candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it’s like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration
- Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- 45-minute call with Director of Content
- Take-home project to understand your previous work
- Final Interview with:
- Director of Content
- Content Marketing Manager
- Built-in 15-minute breaks for you and us!
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Remote work & Equipment
*Residents of Colorado: There is a minimum salary of $ 75,000 plus equity and benefits for this position. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401k+ Match, flex PTO, parental leave, & fully remote work. Salary for this role may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
HOW WE WORK
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across the country. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam’s core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we’re proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.