At Northstar, we’re making it easy for everyone to access affordable, personalized financial advice. We believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That’s why we work with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Northstar’s financial wellness program helps employees make the most of their total compensation, and helps companies support their teams at scale through onboarding, open enrollment, equity events, and more.
We’ve raised more than $40M from investors including GGV Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thomson Reuters Ventures, Canvas Ventures, M13, Foundation Capital, and Workday Ventures. Our employer customers include Zoom, Snap, NerdWallet, Superhuman, Virgin Orbit, and more.
Marketing Coordinator – Copywriter Overview
Northstar has entered an exciting phase of growth, partnering with innovative global employers to bring financial guidance to as many employees as possible. As the first Copywriter on the Marketing team, you will help communicate Northstar’s mission and refine our messaging and positioning. This role will be responsible for creating an engaging brand experience for both employers and employees through captivating copy and storytelling.
Being in the financial services industry, it’s important to Northstar that our brand stands out and reflects the personal experience we have created for our members. You will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to develop compelling copy for custom presentations, product materials, marketing emails, website content, and more. Your work will directly contribute to the marketing team’s goals of improving brand awareness, increasing engagement with prospects, and empowering our revenue team members. You will report to Northstar’s Head of Marketing and play a key role in the growth and development of Northstar’s brand and marketing strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Refine Northstar’s overall messaging and value proposition for different audiences, industries, and verticals as the business grows and evolves.
- Own and execute the copywriting process for all new marketing campaigns and materials, such as website and landing pages, event materials, emails, advertisements, social media content, and more.
- Partner with Northstar’s Visual Designer to develop engaging brand materials, finding the right visuals to support the story your words tell.
- Collaborate with revenue team members to create custom messaging for large opportunities, whether through bespoke presentations or answers to RFPs.
- Develop messaging to address frequently asked questions in the sales cycle, such as about specific use cases, competitors, and more.
- Help identify and define the voice of thought leaders within Northstar, such as our CEO, by creating scripts for presentations, social media content, and talking points for speeches.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to help create a consistent prospect, client, and member experience with Northstar’s brand.
- Own the evolution of Northstar’s writing style guide.
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience in a writing focused role.
- Prior experience working with marketing, sales, and/or design teams preferred. B2B writing experience is a plus.
- You have superior written communication skills, with experience writing both short- and long-form copy.
- You have writing samples showcasing your work across different channels.
- You are a natural storyteller that leverages succinct, compelling copy to communicate key points and core messaging.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working cross-functionally with different stakeholders.
- You think critically about how copy and content can be leveraged to solve problems and have a general understanding of growth marketing.
- You have strong attention to detail and enjoy finding the little tweaks and edits that take a piece from good to great.
- We’re mission-driven. We founded Northstar on the belief that every person deserves personalized, and affordable financial management, personalized and affordable financial management, without the fear of being sold to.
- We’ve hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly.
- We have a cross-functional team is uniquely suited to solve this problem, everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every team member.
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, 401k, Northstar service, and benefits like 12 weeks paid parental leave to support your whole life.
- We have a flexible time off policy and we encourage our employees to take a minimum of 14 Flex Days a year.
- We provide a budget to set up or improve your home office.
- We are 100% fully remote.