CodeCombat is looking for a Marketing Associate to spearhead content marketing and other promotional initiatives on a small team in an education-focused startup. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a growing, flexible, and mission-driven organization at the ground floor.
This is a 100% remote, contractor-to-hire role. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Social media calendaring and creative design
- Content marketing, including blog drafting and press solicitation
- Identify partners & track posts for our affiliate/Influencer program
- Sales collateral development
- Competitive research and analysis
- Administrative support for our academic esports tournaments
- Business development support; lead sourcing and prospecting, reporting
Who You Are
- Experience executing marketing initiatives
- Technical acumen with the ability to quickly learn tools and processes (GSuite, social platforms and social platform aggregators, image editing, email automation systems)
- Strong written communication skills; ability to articulate nuanced core messaging to parents, educators, and students
- Experience designing creative customer-facing assets
- Resourceful; comfortable working in a remote startup setting
- Ability to work independently on marketing initiatives, projects
Bonus Points (nice to have, but not required)
- Experience in community development or a related field
- Experience wearing many hats in a small org or team
- Exposure to paid advertising platforms (Google, FB)
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students and at-home learners to learn how to code, using real programming languages to explore adventure games. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own games. We are committed to researching, experimenting, and iterating new ways to marry education with fun for students worldwide.
We recently released Ozaria, a Computer Science program, adventure game, and fantasy story where students master core Computer Science concepts. The unfolding narrative creates a powerful and engaging student-centered learning experience, with each student’s investment in Ozaria’s story paralleling the investment they are making in their own learning journey.
We are a small, determined, and tight-knit startup dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it’s fun.
Kind, not just “nice”.
We don’t let fear of not being “nice” get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We’re thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Compensation: $21.46 – $36.22/hr