Upfeat was founded in 2015, and we are a remote-first company, headquartered in Canada with employees and clients in Australia, Canada, France, UK and USA. We have partnerships with international publishers to integrate deals through coupon codes to empower customers during their online journey. Our network of owned and operated sites are designed to bring great content and amazing deals to customers across multiple marketplaces.
We have built an open, collaborative remote-first environment and we love to learn and experiment with new ideas and technologies. We are proud to appear for a second consecutive year in the Globe and Mail Report on Business of Canada’s Top Growing Companies.
We are looking for an accomplished, team-orientated and self-motivator Managing Editor to join our growing global team! The successful candidate will be expected to create, review and edit multiple pieces of content every week. In addition to, curating and automating commerce content shopping guides and category-based guides such as travel, technology, fashion to name a few with the ultimate aim of helping people save money and find the best value while shopping online.
The ideal candidate also should have, on hand, a list of trusted and qualified freelance or part-time copywriters, to expedite quality content creation. Furthermore and more importantly, they will ensure that all content pieces are of the highest written quality, and also follow Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and conform to Google’s User Experience Guidelines.
This is a remote role with an option to travel to the Winnipeg, Manitoba office if desired.
- 5+ years in an editorial role in the industry
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Capable of supporting 20+ websites and 3,500 commerce content pages in driving increased revenue from organic search best practices.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize team direction
- Overseeing and enforcing all of editorial’s key processes, including schedules for coverage, assignment of work, internal writer’s guide, training, story quality control, and more
- Reviewing and editing all incoming content before it goes live on our network.
- Auditing content on our portfolio of sites to ensure sites are accurate and up-to-date.
- Occasionally writing well-researched commerce content and updating existing content to align with current shopping trends.
- Managing and creating all incoming and outgoing content orders from 3rd party writing services.
- Create content that builds our overall audience, leads to increased engagement of existing visitors and drives conversion rates.
- Manage a growing team of a writers and editors
- Upholding rigorous ethical and reporting standards that are best in the industry
- Ensure adherence to editorial style guide and best practices
- Work alongside the SEO team to ensure content pages are optimized
- Collaborate with in-house writers to refine editorial strategy
- Tracking content performance against team and individual goals
- Commerce content industry knowledge is considered an asset
- 5+ yrs experience in editorial management role
- Post-secondary education, Bachelor’s degree or higher, in a relevant field
- Expert in all things shopping and commerce content, with 5+ years of experience covering consumer products
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A real team player with exceptional people skills and a calm, confident demeanor
- Excellent collaborator with a proven track record of success working across teams
- Superior writing, editing and reporting skills
- Ability to plan and launch complex projects and/or new verticals
- Has a strong understanding SEO as well as affiliate/commerce content strategy
- Eager to innovate and experiment editorially to help grow our network