At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The product certification manager is solely responsible for ensuring that all products produced by Beyond Meat or one of it’s contract manufacturing partners is certified by approved certifying bodies. This role is responsible for staying current on all requirements for the approved certifying bodies and for communicating any changes cross-functionally to internal and external stakeholders. This role will create processes to collect, review and approve new and existing ingredients and products in a timely manner to support rapid relentless innovation and launch of new products.
- Collect, review, approve and process ALL new and existing ingredient to ensure compliance with approved certifying bodies, including but not limited to
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Vegan Action
- Vegetarian Society, Vegan certified
- Communicates cross functionally on status of certification for new and existing ingredients and/or products to ensure risks are identified and acted on.
- Ensure that all internal and external manufacturing sites as well as warehouse and distribution sites are operating in compliance with all CB requirements and have appropriate documentation to comply with routine audits
- BA or BS degree in food science, nutrition or applicable professional experience
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment for a minimum of 5 years
- Ability to work with a cross functional team to drive results
- Strong PC skills includes MS office programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to collect, review and prioritize large volumes of information under extremely tight timelines in support of a large project or initiative
- Ability to effectively present information to groups and respond to questions from all levels in the organization
- Ability to dive deep on complex subjects and synthesize information into actionable insights
- Must be able to work with a computer keyboard and screen for long periods of time.
- Office environment with routine visits to manufacturing, warehouse and distribution sites.