Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We’re looking for a product counsel with 12+ years of legal experience, preferably with 8+ years in-house to lead our consumer product counsel legal team. As a Legal Director, you will work alongside senior management, serving as lead counsel on our consumer offerings, and manage a small but mighty team of product counsel that support Reddit’s core platform. You will use your drive, experience and proactive approach to make a big impact on Reddit’s rapidly-growing business.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a strategic, proactive and pragmatic legal partner and collaborator to Reddit’s product and business leads in the consumer tech space
- Advise on content regulations, IP and privacy issues worldwide
- Manage and continually develop a team of legal professionals focused on product counsel and regulatory support
- Help lead the legal team, organizing and leading team meetings, offsites, and trainings. You are always on the lookout for ways to support and uplevel legal team members
What We’re Looking For:
- You are a quintessential and seasoned product attorney with experience working on global consumer facing platforms products. You have expertise in handling intellectual property, content regulation, competition and privacy issues for your products.
- You are seen as a legal leader in your product area and you have experience managing a legal team.
- You have very strong soft skills. You have the ability to build strong relationships with executives, legal team members, colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the business. You have a getting to “yes” approach in working with the business.
- You love process and scale. You look for opportunities to build out processes, policies and playbooks and training in order to make the business and legal team more effective.
- You are able to get to the point both in writing and in meetings, and you can quickly summarize complex legal concepts in succinct legal memos and decision docs. You are able to move quickly between topics and you thrive in switching up your product area
- You know how to relentlessly prioritize work streams and can handle multiple competing critical priorities
- You are mission first and feel strongly about providing a neutral and objective view on controversial issues
- You love Reddit as a platform
- JD, current license in a state bar in the United States
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $281,300- $422,000.