Use your expertise in Russian and English to help Duolingo users learn better.
Duolingo is looking for a tech-savvy Russian to English translator who is a native speaker of English. If you have some linguistic training, translation experience, and would like to get involved in the Duolingo content creation process, this position is perfect for you.
- Translate our learning content from Russian to English
- Review Russian to English translations
- Use our internal tool for managing courses
- Strong interest in the mission of Duolingo.
- Native fluency in English (knowledge of both American and British English required).
- Native or near-native fluency in Russian.
- Linguistic training or familiarity with the different parts of speech.
- Experience working with and writing formulas in Google Spreadsheets.
- Ability to work 20-30 hours a week, as necessary.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.