At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work.” We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor; we appreciate grit and growth mindsets; and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a cozy and centrally located office in downtown Singapore (Telok Ayer) surrounded by great food & drink options
(awesome for Whaling Wednesdays!). We invest in good chairs and good equipment.
Saleswhale is seeking a Junior Web Developer who can work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. As a Web Developer, you will be collaborating with a cross-functional team to build and maintain our website. Our website represents our brand and identity, and is the entry point for the general public to get to know more about the company. You’ll be able to learn from highly-skilled Marketers, Designers, and Frontend Engineers, on what makes a website great – the types of content that converts, designs that captures attention, and ways of making page interactions feel fast and instantaneous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with Design and Marketing to build web pages that are easy to interact with, look great across all screen sizes, and leave a lasting impression on visitors.
- Collaborating with Frontend Engineers to write clean, readable, and maintainable code.
- Being heavily involved in the whole website development process, from ideation to design, to implementation.
- Interacting with fellow team members to share knowledge and vice versa.
- Capable of working well remotely in a team.
- Passionate about web development, and have an eagerness to learn.
- Experience developing responsive websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Working experience with Hubspot or any CMS tool is an advantage, but not a must.
Engineering at Saleswhale:
At Saleswhale, open communication and transparency is embedded in our DNA. There are no silos. Teams work cross-functionally and we feel it’s a key multiplier for effectiveness.
We also enable engineers to drive wider team impact by working on enhancements that impact the entire product & engineering process as well as provide support to the Customer Success team to investigate & fix user-facing issues.
We believe that a diverse, equitable and transparent workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. Saleswhale is a place where everyone gets an equal opportunity to excel, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.