Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a Java Engineer to help build, improve and build out both the front and backend code that interfaces with external systems. Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing end-to-end testing solutions and API endpoints and services. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. Room for growth to work on various applications and teams within the Platform as we continue to expand and grow.
What we are looking for:
- Collaborate with CMS and other stakeholders to analyze and design software solutions
- Creates, modifies, and tests code that allows computer applications to run.
- Works on developing applications from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals.
- Writes, analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes, updates, and maintains computer programs or software packages to handle specific functions.
- Consults with managerial, technical, and business personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software.
- May assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions.
- May develop and write computer programs in response to varied customer business requests.
- Makes changes to MCS software with adherence to government directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Identifies problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and corrects problems.
- Participate team agile ceremonies
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Modern Technical Skills: Java (JEE), Java EE Design Patterns, Web Services (REST, JSON, Swagger), JCICS (nice to have), OSGi bundles/JAR, UNIX/RHEL/USS, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Eclipse (IDz/RDz, RBD), JACOCO
- Legacy Technical Skills: COBOL, CICS experience a plus
- Industry: AWS exposure/experience; Certification a plus
- Industry: Healthcare claims system/Medicare Fee for Service support experience is helpful, but not required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of related experience.
Must be located in the United States.
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a continuing education stipend and a tech stipend per month.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.