At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
We are looking for a proactive person with a passion for communication and culture-building to join our team. We are responsible for all things culture and internal comms-related at Hopin, and our team reports directly to the CEO. We need somebody with experience building great internal comms infrastructure to help us achieve our goals.
Hopin’s mission is to deliver better connections for a better planet. We’re focused on transcending geographic limitations and fostering closer bonds between people and their communities and audiences. We’re committed to helping the planet by reducing the environmental impact of events, and we’re building a multi-product platform that will empower people to speak and be heard wherever they are in the world (or in their house). We believe that creating a world-class remote work environment will inspire and motivate our people to do the best work of their lives and help us deliver on this mission. That’s where you come in.
- Facilitate transparent and effective communication across all levels of the organization that support our employees in doing their best work
- Work closely with organization leaders to facilitate better communication and asynchronous working practices within their teams.
- Be a source of knowledge for the entire company on our internal communications platforms including Slack, Notion, and team-specific collaboration tools
- Create usage guidelines for use of each of our communications tools to promote transparency and efficiency.
- Monitor usage of internal comms tools – create recommendations to streamline communications based on what you see being under-, over- or incorrectly utilized.
- Help integrate acquisitions seamlessly into Hopin culture by creating communications that make them feel welcome and at home
- Come up with new ways to connect and inspire people through best-in-class internal comms practices.
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience in communications, internal communications, marketing, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – copywriting experience is a plus
- Demonstrable passion for building culture through internal communications
- Detail-oriented and enjoy getting into the nitty gritty of communications best practices
- Independent thinker who recognizes problems and presents creative solutions
- Comfortable working in a fully remote, global environment. Demonstrated ability to navigate this kind of work environment from an internal comms perspective is a plus.
- Effective multi-tasker who can juggle multiple projects and drive them forward concurrently and successfully. We move fast!
- Friendly, empathetic, collaborative, and humble.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem