Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
Integration support is the team responsible for not only empowering the rest of our Go-to-Market team to succeed, but also for providing our customers with assistance with and demonstrations of our more technical products and tools during the discovery phase – the end goal being success for both our customers and your fellow team members.
As an Integration Support Specialist, you’ll be working directly with our customers – primarily in a post-sales capacity – to successfully plan and deploy technologies like the 1Password SCIM bridge, 1Password Connect, and our various Secrets Automation plugins; test tools like MDMs, APIs, and command-line scripts; lend a hand to the rest of your team as an escalation point for more technical questions and concerns; and liaise with our developers to address issues our customers are facing.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent writing skills: the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- Strong and timely communication skills over email, phone, and video. This position is heavily customer facing and this should be exciting for you. You have a knack for communicating complex technical problems in a simple and easy-to-understand way.
- 2 years of experience working with various SaaS products and cloud-based infrastructure, DNS, Docker, Kubernetes, TLS, and command-line interfaces.
- General Linux skills, including navigating the file system and using basic tools like curl, dig, grep, and bash.
- An excellent ability to work with other team members and to nurture healthy relationships across the many teams with which you’ll be interfacing.
- A love for creating and testing solutions and for digging deep into the issues customers report and determining their causes.
- A desire for creating strong documentation and refining processes to not only share your knowledge with your team but to make the work more efficient.
- A strong desire to learn and expand your knowledge.
- The desire and ability to learn on your own and quickly adapt to new environments.
- Experience working for an organization in the technology space, providing higher than tier-one support.
- Experience working in or adjacent to the DevOps space.
- Experience working directly with software development.
- Personal experience with 1Password or another password manager.
- PowerShell experience.
What you can expect in month 1:
- Get to know the product, our culture, and the people you’ll be working with.
- Shadow customer calls – both technical and sales – to get a feel for what customers need, expect, and look for from 1Password.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to deploy our SCIM bridge and 1Password Connect server, connect via API or IdP, and start to be able to confidently answer questions from the rest of the Go-to-Market team.
What you can expect by month 3:
- You can successfully help a customer directly plan and deploy some of our “one-click” options for the SCIM bridge, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- You can help a customer plan a deployment of Secrets Automation and confidently discuss using our pre-built SDKs or plug-ins, as well as our open API.
- Support existing customers with advanced and ongoing training needs.
- Have general Splunk experience, including installing apps and understanding Splunk nomenclature (indexes, dashboards).
- Proactively report customers’ needs and provide valuable feedback to enhance and improve processes and the product.
What you can expect by month 6:
- Share what you’ve learned with other people on the team and explore different areas of the company. We believe each person has something unique to bring to the team and they aren’t expected to stay in customer support forever (e.g., if you love designing icons, there may be a side project for you to try).
- Successfully navigate consultation, implementation, and troubleshooting calls as the primary contact.
- Continue helping customers each day and exploring new areas of the Customer Support team to chart your career path at 1Password.
- Interface with the development and product teams to improve the customer experience for our more technical products.
- Keep trying new things: We’re agile so we keep tools fresh and improve as we go.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> 🏦 A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.