Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way. The Homebound team includes in-house designers, architects, insurance experts, legal counsel, construction managers, and developers — all of whom come together to rebuild their communities and improve custom homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in California and Bahamas, and we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
As the HR Generalist, you will be responsible for data entry in the HRIS, managing employee relations, employee onboarding and off-boarding, benefits management and compliance and compensation functions in a dynamic, fast paced, startup environment. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels within the organization. The Generalist must be sensitive to both company and employee needs. This position reports into the VP of People.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, maintain and update the HRIS, 401(k) and sexual harassment training systems ensuring employee information is accurate
- Provide support to the People Team by generating reports, filing, auditing, and responding to employee requests
- Draft, review, and send advisor and consulting agreements and change documents
- Manage onboarding and off-boarding, including new hire orientation, benefits enrollments, employee comms, paperwork, exit interviews, etc.
- Manage employee benefit eligibility, enrollments and terminations
- Oversee multi-state compliance requirements, including new state payroll setup
- Manage leave requests and Company holiday schedules
- Maintain all personnel files
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 3 years of prior HR experience
- Ability to adjust and adapt to change
- Get sh*t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes
- Thrives in a face paced, hyper-growth environment
- Willing to tackle the big and the small. Must be scrappy.
- Logical, measured and can solve any problem you put in front of them in a way that gets others excited to help
- Relentless focus on results
- Continuous optimizer – always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.