What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is growing rapidly as we embark on our first year as a public company. We have exciting times ahead, and are seeking a confident, empathetic, and strategic People leader to support Grindr’s employees (ICs, managers, leaders) through the next phase of our growth. In this role, you will report directly to the VP of People & Places and will lead a small team of HR professionals to foster employee engagement, manager development, and organizational effectiveness through the creation and implementation of various programs and interventions.
In this role you will increase employee engagement and productivity throughout the employee lifecycle by helping our employees to feel connected and be productive. You will accomplish this by creating and/or fine tuning Grindr’s approach to onboarding, performance management, career development and employee engagement, just to name a few. Additionally, you will work closely with the organizational leaders of our Product and Tech organizations as their HR Business Partner, allowing you to both create and implement.
What’s the job?
- Help align our People initiatives with Grindr’s business needs and build targeted and effective programs & interventions to ensure those strategies are successful
- Coach and guide Grindr’s people leaders through the key aspects of their job; namely to recruit & retain the right talent; coach individuals to their full potential; drive teams to optimal performance; and inspire everyone around them
- Provide thought leadership and programmatic execution in HR domains like org design, employee engagement, performance management, and manager development. Your work in these domains will live at the convergence of informed (through your Business Partner role), holistic (through your systems-thinking), and scrappy (through your bias for action).
- Manage and develop a team of junior and mid-level HR professionals, upskilling them and providing them with challenging opportunities to contribute to both the business and their personal development in meaningful ways
- Be a thought-partner to the VP of People & Places in defining, articulating, and reinforcing our company culture
What we’ll love about you
- 10+ years of experience in HR/People Ops in the tech sector, including experience as an HR Business Partner and in HR program design/creation.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team, ideally in a remote or distributed environment
- You are an experienced coach and mentor with a wide variety of tools and approaches to ensure that leaders make decisions that are best for the business and their teams
- You have proven experience building and deploying key people initiatives agilely across a complex business (talent assessment, manager development, employee development, performance management, to name a few)
- You are relationship-driven and are adept at building strong partnerships with leaders at all levels of the business
- You don’t miss the forest for the trees – you are able to understand systematic business needs and create actionable roadmaps to achieve milestones in alignment with those needs
- You have a bias for action, and demonstrate that “done today is better than done perfectly tomorrow.”
- You have a passion for fostering an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive and have prior experience partnering with business functions to roll out DEI goals or initiatives that have a measurable impact
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, OD, Business Administration, or a similar discipline
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Master’s degree in HR, OD, Business Administration, or a similar discipline
- Prior experience working for app-based, subscription businesses
What you’ll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.