Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply.
Handshake is looking to bring on a Head of Support to lead and grow a distributed team of 12 Education and Technical Support Specialists across the US and UK to help our users from the early days of onboarding to launch day and beyond. You’ll directly manage our Education Support Manager and 6 Education Support Specialists, dotted-line manage our UK Support Specialists, and report directly to the Director of Global Support playing a key role in building scalable solutions and processes while nurturing a fun, collaborative culture. You’ll sit on the Education Leadership team with cross-functional leaders from Product, Marketing, Success, and Engineering, and you’ll work closely with these teams to improve efficiency, reduce first response times, and contribute to an overall seamless experience for users. As an advocate for our users, you’ll identify key themes that will drive continuous product improvement and improve the Handshake user experience. In addition, you’ll be responsible for leading cross-functional projects to reduce support volume and improve operations. You’ll build a hardworking team that loves contributing to our mission and pushes themselves to go above and beyond.
- Hire, motivate, coach, and empower a team of hardworking Education and Technical Support Specialists in the US and UK
- Drive improvements in efficiency, response times and customer satisfaction within your team and across the entire customer support organization
- Handle customer escalations using web-based and phone requests via internal ticketing systems, phone, Zoom, and other support tools
- Influence the direction of Handshake by leading and participating in cross-functional projects with customer success, product, engineering, design, marketing, and sales
- Utilize internal tools to manage issues between Engineering, Customer Success, & other internal teams
- Identify and lead efforts to scale via our operations, infrastructure, Help Center, internal documentation, training, and community programs
- Location: if working from home must be located in the US and these states: (U.S. Only – AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NC, NM, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, WA, WI, VA) and be able to work Eastern or Central US hours
- At least 2 years experience managing people in an Enterprise SaaS Customer Support function
- At least 1 year of experience managing managers in an Enterprise SaaS Customer Support function
- Leadership Experience: actively coach and develop relationships and tools to drive a high performing, engaged team
- Exceptionally results oriented: analytical, methodical approach to identifying challenges and measuring impact
- Ability to think systematically: identify and build infrastructure, processes, and tools to drive efficiency and streamlined operations
- Entrepreneurial and consultative: you’re a doer, have strong work ethic, and a bias for action
- Passion for the problem: helping launch careers and grow companies by making the best matches between companies and new graduates
- Empathy: exceptional EQ with a strong sense of empathy with team members and customers
- Communication: excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action
- Experience with Zendesk, Jira or other SaaS support tools. Technical (especially databases, programming, SQL) background is a plus!
- Willingness to travel to SF and Denver to frequently collaborate with Partnerships, Success, Product, and Engineering teams
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Knowledge of how online career services or recruiting technology works and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- …And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.