BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
BetterUp is seeking a talented executive to lead our Studios team as the Head of Studios. BetterUp Studios is BetterUp’s creative center of excellence. The Studios team is responsible for exploring the integration of cutting edge interactive design, storytelling, multimedia production, and behavioral science to create transformational experiences. As a highly interdisciplinary team, Studios draws inspiration from the latest in a variety of fields including entertainment, gaming, technology, and academia to incorporate more effective and efficient ways of engaging humans in positive behavioral interventions. Ultimately, our goal is to deliver magical experiences leveraging innovative new learning modalities that enable the achievement of positive behavior change in measurable ways.
The Head of Studios will be responsible for crafting and executing on the Studios strategy. This person will lead the exploration of investment in new capabilities, identify and prioritize talent needs as well as avenues to source world-class talent, build external relationships with leading luminaries and advisors, and lead the growth and performance of Studios team functions and team members.
- Craft and lead Studios strategy for near to long-term time horizons including vision, resourcing needs, and KPIs for multimedia production, transmedia storytelling, and interactive experience development
- Develop repeatable, measurable, effective processes to explore, design, develop, prototype, and scale innovative user experiences across the BetterUp platform based on creative and learning goals
- Communicate regularly on strategy, progress, risks, and proposals to BetterUp’s Leadership team and CEO
- Manage cross-functional relationships and stakeholders to ensure alignment, clarity of Studios vision across the company, and proactive resolution to any blockers or challenges to team success
- Define resourcing plans, budgets, and talent requirements in alignment with Studios and overall company strategy
- Lead recruiting strategy in partnership with Recruiting team and Studios team members to attract a pipeline of world-class talent to meet headcount goals
- Manage performance and enable delightful, engaging employee experiences for all Studios team members
- Continuously improve the efficiency of organizational design, workflows, and in-house and outsourced tools
These are a collection of experiences that we believe make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these or other qualifications that will ensure your success in this role, please apply!
- 20+ years of experience at top-tier companies in industries including Entertainment/Film, Gaming, or other related domains
- 10+ years of experience leading and setting strategy for large teams, including multiple functions
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in all facets of large-scale multimedia production – film and live action video, in particular – and transmedia storytelling
- Demonstrated experience leading large scale initiatives integrating user experience design, interactive design, interface design, and game mechanics
- A passion for solving complex challenges by creating fun, delightful experience journeys with the end goal of developing innovative, positive, effective behavioral interventions
- Collaborative, low ego, and team-oriented mindset as well as the ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with others
- A builder with strong problem solving skills and entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Passion for developing and leading teams, facilitating growth experiences for individuals, and promoting healthy team cultures
- A builder mentality with a scrappy mindset and passion for actively contributing to the growth of our team and company; experience in a startup or growth company desirable but not necessary
- Interest in organizational behavior, positive psychology, coaching, or behavioral sciences – we geek out over this stuff, daily!
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.