In the digital age, content rules.
Production and distribution have shifted from the few to the many. We have all become the media, the media has been marginalized and brands are now broadcasters.
Everyone has a story to tell or something to sell. A need to create and connect, post and publish, showcase and share.
So, say hello to Strapi! We exist to fuel the world’s creativity and productivity by unleashing the power of content.
So we’ve built the next generation CMS that does exactly that. Across the full lifecycle and the entire stack.
🙏🏾 Why your role is important at Strapi
Our Sales team is driven by 3 principles which are “Learn, continuously”, “Be grateful, unrelentingly”, and “Share, a lot”. You can find more details in this article. We are a tight-knit, high-energy crew that is made up of Account Executives, Account Managers, and Partner Development Managers. We value being a great team, achieving the extraordinary, and making our customers successful.
As the Head of Sales, you will lead our Sales organization into the next phase of growth. Reporting directly to our CEO, this position will have a huge impact on the future of our company.
Our Head of Sales will be responsible for an existing Sales team that is forecasted to triple in size by end of 2022. This person will lead the strategic direction and management of the sales engine to fine-tune, optimize, scale, and successfully help the company meet its short and long-term objectives.
This new member of our executive leadership team will define the vision for how our Sales team operates and functions daily, and then execute on the plan to make it happen. They will learn from our existing team and drawing from their extensive experience and success, bring new perspectives and solutions to enable exponential growth and greater market share penetration. As a trusted advisor, the Head of Sales must be an authentic collaborator, strong leader, and proactive, strategic problem solver.
This role is remote. We’re looking for someone located in the US.
📋 What will my job look like on a daily basis?
- Map strategy:Lead, set strategy, and grow an account-based and territory-based open-source/SaaS sales team of both field and inside sellers, including further development of our strategic account sales team.
- Build systems and processes:Partner and guide our Sales team, and front-line managers to optimize and transform our current systems, processes, and analytics.
- Focus on data: Build upon our existing metrics to benchmark our team’s success and use data to guide decisions for future growth.
- Develop and scale the team:Design the org structure and strategy with our recruiting team to aggressively hire top-notch managers and individual contributors and continuously develop new and existing sales team members.
- Plan programs:Partner with our Marketing team on planning key initiatives to drive opportunities and movement through the sales funnel.
- Optimize and scale:lead optimization efforts for all aspects of SMB, Enterprise, inbound, outbound and partner sales development efforts.
💙 About you:
- Both SMB inside sales and enterprise field sales experience for a complex open-source/SaaS solution, ideally a DevTool or a CMS
- A demonstrated track record of excellent outcomes in a growing organization
- Experience in successfully taking a company from ~$1M to ~$20M in ARR
- Built and lead a world-class Sales organization
- A genuine interest and excitement in striving toward ambitious goals, hiring and rallying a team around those goals, and leveraging data to help you achieve those goals via methodical execution
- Successful track record of collecting and managing multiple business lines forecasts with accuracy and predictability throughout the entire sales funnel
- Experience in selling vertical software to a range of buyer personas in a large total addressable market
- Be able to manage relationships with other people who are part of the leadership team
👾 Strapi benefits:
- Work from anywhere: we’re a remote-first company, so we can work wherever home is. And WiFi.
- Expanded health benefits: Including premium medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Equity for everyone: we win together. On top of a competitive salary, every Strapier has equity that grows with you in the company.
- Parents on a mission: 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for every new Strapi parent.
- You’ll always be up to date: we’ll cover all hardware and software needed so you’re always with the latest versions.
- Grow as you are: from day one, we provide budget and tools to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
- Bi-annual off sites: we gather physically (when possible) or virtually all together for a week twice a year.
- Mental health support: we offer unlimited careone-on-one sessions with certified specialists.
💥 Our Talent Acquisition process:
- This process tends to take 2-3 weeks max, but happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- First video call with the CEO (45 minutes)
- Technical assessment
- Assessment debriefing with the CEO and an Account Executive (1 hour)
- Team meetings (2×30 minutes with a few Strapiers)
- Values assessment (1 hour with our Head of People)
- At any moment, the process can stop, and the team will be happy to give you a call to share their feedback or get into more details if you want.
🎉 Celebrating You being YOU!
Strapi’s mission is to empower the worldwide community of users to build a million tailor-made projects. To do that, we are growing a diverse team representative of the users we serve. We are committed to building a safe workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves. By being you and bringing your unique difference, perspective, culture, experience, lifestyle, and challenge, you actually help all of us succeed and grow to be the best version of ourselves!