Innovators like Notion, Better Mortgage, Zapier, Intercom, and Nextdoor have saved millions on our platform. We just raised back-to-back Series A and B funding rounds for a total of $67.1M in (TechCrunch article here), and our revenue growth is something rarely seen.
About The Role
Our Head of Partnerships will build, run and scale Tropic’s partnerships organization, which is already contributing value to the organization. We’re looking for a confident partnerships leader who is excited about the rocket-ship chapter in a company’s lifecycle, curious, and eager to build. This person should be excited about scaling and developing a team, while implementing a management structure that can support hyper-growth. This includes hiring and building, as well as developing objectives, key results, metrics and tracking to support a data-driven partner growth strategy.
The Head of Partnerships should enjoy collaborating and working in the field, and will inspire and enable internal and external audiences in equal measure. At the end of the day, the partnerships channel is about driving revenue for Tropic through strategic alliances. The perfect candidate likes having a number and is confident in over-delivering against it.
What You’ll Work On
- Identify and develop new categories of partners that align to Tropic’s strategic vision
- Identify, recruit, and enable new partners within each category for Tropic to support new business goals and to execute partner sales strategies
- Driving consistent and predictable partner-sourced bookings through joint business planning and ongoing channel enablement
- Hire, onboard, and manage team of high-impact channel managers who consistently overachieve on their targets
- Work closely with Tropic sales, ops and finance teams on development, tracking, and reporting of key goals and objectives, forecasts, metrics, and definitions of success for each partner account
- Manage and maintain healthy relationships at multiple levels inside strategic organizations to advance strategic partner initiatives
- Manage partnership and sales engagement to over-deliver on partner sales targets
- Empower team to work with partners, engaging in proactive sales opportunity generation, pipeline management and deal closure
Who You Are
- 4+ years industry experience in sales, partnerships, or business development leadership
- 4+ years at venture backed cloud SaaS organization
- 2+ years experience at high growth company
- Proven history of building and scaling high-performing teams
- Ability to design and present business plans, track and articulate program progress, design and document program guidelines for distribution throughout the organization and for external use
- Technical aptitude (no code necessary)
- Ability to think creatively and work fast
- Proven track record of high-performance
- B2B marketing experience
- Former founder
Tropic is on a mission to transform procurement for a world that runs on software. Everyone hates buying B2B SaaS, so we are automating the process. We provide data, tools and services to automate procurement for tech-forward companies, saving them money and time. We are a mission driven team that lives by our 5 core values : fight for fairness, hustle responsibly, execute, pull back the curtain and stay open to new concepts.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- 401k plan with company matching
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non birthing parents
- Flexible vacation and holiday time off
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Remote first work environment
- Office hub in NYC
- Virtual & in person meet ups
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.