At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place, and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey!
We are the people behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. We are looking for a Head of Monetization to join our WordPress.com Marketing team to oversee business development of strategic partnerships and partner marketing for both internal and external products. This role will lead a team to drive significant growth by identifying relevant upsell and cross-sell opportunities, by presenting customers with the tools they need to grow their websites.
- Improve monetization opportunities across our existing portfolio of features and products, as well as opportunities to drive monetization and growth via strategic partnerships. Strong negotiation skills and analytical rigor are vital for success in this role.
- Set the vision and lead our partner marketing & monetization program, while ensuring strategic alignment with broader business goals. Optimize revenue cross 1st and 3rd party monetization opportunities, while maintaining a high quality customer experience.
- Keep an eye on the bigger picture to ensure that campaigns are not in conflict with our interests, or obligations to other partners within Automattic.
- Coordinate and oversee all partner marketing campaigns end-to-end, ensuring that all requirements and deadlines are met:
- Setting the right strategy and goals in consultation with partners.
- Understanding of technical requirements and possibilities.
- Project management, coordinating with our channel specialists.
- Post-campaign reporting and analysis
- Liaise with partners to cultivate strong relationships and a spirit of collaboration.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for reciprocal marketing from our partners.
- Have experience scaling partnership programs crafting the strategy and distribution plan behind multi-channel digital marketing campaigns. Must be both equally a people person and numbers person, we are looking for someone who has a good balance between soft skills and analytical rigor.
- Are an excellent negotiator and can identify and quickly close relevant, high converting partnership deals that our customers would find most helpful for their needs.
- Have a results-orientated, analytical approach to marketing. Possess a comprehensive understanding of web analytics, digital marketing channels (email marketing, display advertising, paid search, and content marketing) and would be comfortable interpreting and analyzing results from campaigns.
- Love bringing order to chaos: crafting structure and building processes. Are a highly proficient multitasker, strong in both strategy and execution. As the team lead, strong project management and collaboration skills are a must to thrive in this dynamic and fast-paced role.
- Have at least 5+ years in a similar role(s).
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under theGPL.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
What would your ideal partnership for WordPress.com look like? Feel free to think big!
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer will not be considered.