Octane AI is a venture-backed startup seeking a SaaS and performance-focused Head of Marketing interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagines online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading Facebook Messenger & SMS marketing platform for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations.
We are an all-remote company and venture backed; some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
The Head of Marketing will be tasked with leading all marketing efforts, including performance, product, and brand marketing. This person will lead and grow our marketing team. Octane AI is looking for someone who is excited to get their hands dirty (we are a startup, after all). Deep experience in SaaS marketing, lead generation, funnel optimization, content marketing, demand generation, PR, branding, and other key marketing areas is a must.
You will work closely with our product-focused CEO Matt Schlicht (led product at Ustream, where he pioneered live video; created viral products for the entertainment industry; Forbes 30 Under 30) and our marketing-focused President Ben Parr (former Co-editor of Mashable, author of Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention, Forbes 30 Under 30) on all aspects of marketing. You will be a part of our leadership team and will be expected to make projections, set targets, and achieve or exceed them.
- Own the entire marketing function of Octane AI and set the vision, direction, and execution of the performance, product, and brand marketing of Octane AI.
- Create, develop, execute, and evaluate all marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Generate consistent and predictable pipeline and sales growth through our various inbound marketing channels, including case studies, playbooks, newsletters, webinars and events, our blog, our publications (Ecommerce Magazine and Chatbots Magazine), and more.
- Own Octane AI’s PR, PPC, SEO, SEM, and social media lead generation.
- Prioritize Octane AI’s marketing initiatives based on experience, data, and opportunity.
- Collaborate with our customers, agency partners, and technology partners on key marketing initiatives.
- Develop Octane AI’s demand generation strategy and execution.
- Meticulously measure the ROI of all marketing campaigns and activities and use the data to drive decisions and projections.
- Work closely with the sales, product, and account management teams to uncover key needs and opportunities.
- Serve on the executive leadership team and provide input, advice, and debate on key decisions.
- Manage and coach Octane AI’s superstar marketing team and help them execute and grow into their full potential.
- Manage Octane AI’s marketing automation and CRM.
Who You Are
- You have many years of experience in SaaS marketing and have held leadership positions at early stage, fast-growing SaaS companies.
- You have an indisputable and verifiable track record you are proud of and can point to.
- You are looking to lead a team and have a voice at the senior management table.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. You are a people person, adept at building friendships and relationships externally and internally. You believe empathy is valuable.
- You are detail-oriented and obsessed with tracking and delivering results.
- You’re an expert in marketing automation, content marketing, email marketing, demand generation, product marketing, and SaaS lead generation and pipeline growth. You can do all these things yourself and are excited to coach others on these areas.
- You want to join a fast-growing startup and are willing to be hands-on with our marketing campaigns and tools.
- You are proactive, data-driven, and solutions-oriented: Once a problem is identified, you are passionate about finding the solution.
- You are a self-starter with a knack for always finding something to accomplish.
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce strongly preferred.
- You know how to motivate teams to overachieve and prosper in their careers.
- You know the skills and functions necessary to succeed in the role and understand the underlying business and financial fundamentals necessary to grow and scale a company at scale at our stage.
- You know to communicate across teams and to the leaders of different teams. You know the different traits and skills required to execute as an executive at an early-stage company. You can communicate your decisions and opinions clearly and concisely to all stakeholders, including a board of directors.
- You are ruthless in your prioritization and understand what can and cannot be done and when.
- You are extraordinarily capable of speaking in front of a large crowd or a small room and adjusting your tone and messaging accordingly.
- You can do more with less.
- You are self-driven.
- You make decisions with clear reasoning, logic, and data.
More about working at Octane AI
– We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we’d prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
– We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
– Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don’t be shy to share it.
– In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called “fast parrot”. Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It’s a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
– We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
– Don’t work if you are sick. It’s way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
– If you feel you are stuck with a task don’t hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.