Givebutter is the world’s fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes – from youth groups to the world’s largest charities – raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
The company was founded in 2016 out of a dorm room in Washington, DC, and has since grown into a fully-remote team with employees in eight different states. The company’s co-founders, Max Friedman and Liran Cohen, built and bootstrapped the original concept for Givebutter, and still operate the company as CEO and CTO today. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
Givebutter is looking for a Head of Marketing to amplify our voice, values and community engagement. As part of Givebutter’s senior leadership, you will own and manage quarterly and strategic goals for the marketing team, you will be a strategic partner for launching new or recurring initiatives and programs, and you will contribute content for our blogs, webinars and other social engagement. An ideal candidate will be resourceful, strategic, and forward-thinking but most importantly will be able to tell the stories of our Givebutter community in an intentional way.
- Ideate, own, and execute on quarterly and yearly OKRs for the marketing department
- Develop a strategic plan to ensure that a clear and consistent vision Givebutter is portrayed across all aspects of our product, programs, and content
- Source and optimize content for the Givebutter community educational materials; blog, webinar, social channels
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, design, and customer success to launch programs and initiatives
- Define a forward-thinking strategy and identify the resources needed to attract new customers and acquire new channels for growth
- Oversee external partnership program (Verified Partners)
- 3-5 years of experience working in a dedicated marketing department in-house OR a mix of agency and in-house work
- Experience leading and building an all-star team as well as managing external vendors
- Proven collaboration with Customer Success, Customer Support, Sales and Product teams to launch strategic initiatives
- Passionate about original content to present across multiple channels including blogs, webinars, and social media
- Experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced work environment, preferably within a software/tech startup
- Professional or volunteer experience with a non-profit/for-purpose or charitable organization OR experience managing client accounts or customers within the non-profit/for-purpose space
- Excellent writing and editing skills, high attention to detail and critical thinking
- Exposure to or experience leading growth hacking initiatives is helpful, but not required
- Experience with HubSpot, MailChimp, Asana, Hootsuite, social media ads, and SEO, a plus
- Proven ability to lead and manage creative teams and projects (e.g., graphic design, video production, copywriting)
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
- Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
- Stock Option Plan: We offer meaningful equity in the company to all early employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in-person as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
- Training and Development: Take part in department and company wide training and development.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.