At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place, and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey!
We are the people behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. We are looking for a Head of Growth Analytics to join our Marketing team to help us drive growth with data, insights, and technical solutions. You will build out a new Growth Analytics function tasked with improving, building, and optimizing our data analysis tools, architecture, and processes. Ultimately your goal will be to turn sophisticated data into meaningful business insights and decisions in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment.
- Own the overall data strategy for growth analytics. Partner with the central data engineering and analytics teams to design and implement data pipelines, schemas, business intelligence, and experimentation tooling to enable world-class growth analytics.
- Work with the MarTech and central data team to influence our overall data ingestion and analytics strategy.
- Partner with fellow Marketing team members to identify the biggest areas of opportunity from a growth perspective while building out the vital capabilities to properly measure the incremental impact of all tactics and strategies.
- Develop an analytics strategy and roadmap that anticipates future growth analytics needs and scales with Automattic’s business.
- Build out, lead, and mentor a team of highly motivated and hardworking growth analysts and growth scientists to accelerate our business decision making.
- Be a crucial cross-functional leader connecting the dots between Marketing, MarTech, central data, finance, and product engineering to champion growth data projects.
- Lead and run a meticulous testing function across marketing to ensure experiments are designed properly, executed correctly, and measured accurately.
- Own and build out the data capabilities to run exploratory and post-launch analysis to identify growth opportunities and help accelerate and direct test iteration.
- Apply our predictive modeling capabilities and evaluate impact on targeting, personalization, messaging, and offer optimization, and influence further development of ML for growth.
- Have experience working with a global subscription-based product. Using your discernment, you can translate business problems into analytical questions and use data from various sources to find answers.
- Have worked with large volumes of data spanning multiple business lines and ingested into lakes, modeled in warehouses, and presented in business intelligence platforms like Looker.
- Aren’t scared by sophisticated data architectures and evolving data models. You thrive in an environment where you can come in with a new perspective, identify the challenges, put together a prioritized plan to tackle these challenges, execute and adapt that plan over time, and consistently look for improvement opportunities.
- Are curious, have outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a razor-sharp eye for detail. Deeply understand the methodologies for experimental precision, but also can defer to practical (or even hacky) decision making frameworks for speed.
- Are an SQL master, highly skilled in data analysis and visualization. Must be interested in up-leveling the state of our reporting infrastructure for day to day decision making.
- Have significant experience with Looker and integrations with internal databases, home-built dashboards, and data tools (Hive, Impala, Airflow).
- Are a strong proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with setting and managing your own priorities.
- Have excellent quantitative skills and are very comfortable with data, statistical modeling, and analysis.
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions. You love to discover and tell the story behind the data.
- You have previous experience working with Marketing teams and using data to drive business growth.
- You have startup experience working in a scrappy environment and a track record of building out world-class growth data teams.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
- What technical analysis are you most proud of from your past experience, and why?
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer will not be considered.