Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
About the India Content Team
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make our videos, articles, and practice questions to help teachers and students. Today, our team is focused on high school math and science. In the years ahead, we want to continue building out math and science across grades middle and high school, eventually reaching grades K-12 and college.
About the Head of Content (Curriculum) Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic leader to propel our short- and long-term strategic vision of Khan India’s math and science offerings, and then translate that vision into concrete definitions of content success, precise project plans, and efficient processes. In this role, you’ll also be a people manager responsible for coaching and developing our team of math and science content creators (currently 6 people) to support them in doing their best work.
Content is an integral part of Khan Academy’s overall product, so this role necessitates a highly collaborative and cross-functional mindset. You’ll co-create the math and science offerings alongside the U.S. and other international teams, Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Marketers. And because we partner with a number of schools, foundations, and organizations, you’ll need to be relationship-driven and comfortable representing Khan Academy’s India offering to external audiences.
You have a unique level of expertise, experience, and qualities, including:
- Deep knowledge and expertise in at least one math or science area (e.g. a college degree or teaching certification in math or science). But you also have great intuition for when the content in an area you’re less familiar with could benefit from more clarity, simplification, or research
- Deep management experience working with teams of writers, teachers, or content creators, and you have a track record of successfully coaching and grow teams
- Strong project management skills and are able to think through short and long term strategy as it relates to content creation priorities
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the K-12 or university level, giving you a deep empathy with teachers and classrooms
- You’re a strong communicator, equipped with different strategies for delivering effective feedback and for articulating how to make great ideas and content even better
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiastic about experimentation
- A true passion for education and a desire to change the world for the better