Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. At Webflow, we’re on a mission to enable everyone to create for the web — and empower our team to lead fulfilling, impactful lives while we do it.
We’re looking for a Head of Corporate Finance to help us build the foundations of our Finance function here at Webflow and establish and improve budgeting, monitoring and forecasting processes. The role will report to the Vice President of Finance and include a significant workload directly with the other executives. You will work with leadership cross-functionally to translate Webflow’s long-term strategic plan into action by creating a robust budget, establishing reliable projections, defining and measuring meaningful key metrics and supporting financial review meetings and other ad hoc projects.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
- Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $187,000 – $257,000 for most locations, and $208,000 – $286,000 for locations with higher cost of living, as estimated by Numbeo. All figures cited above are in $USD, or its equivalent in local currency. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, role, level, location, and qualifications.
As a Head of Corporate Finance, you’ll …
- Build, own, and oversee the newly created Corporate Finance team
- Collaborate cross functionally to establish and implement proper financial targets and plans, including revenue, gross margin, spend, profitability, and sales compensation
- Build monthly and quarterly Budget/Forecast vs. Actual review packages for the executive team and the Board of Directors, and lead monthly and quarterly variance analysis, headcount planning and forecasting meetings with business leaders
- Lead financial planning and accountability to set targets by department for annual OpEx spend and cash deployment
- Implement, manage and automate financial planning software and partner with the Accounting and Data team to instrument and improve the accuracy and flows of financial data through our various tools and systems
- Bring best practices to develop, implement, and manage policies and processes improves operational discipline of our business and help the leaders to develop a deep understanding of the Webflow financial model and where their function fits in
- Work directly with executives and business leaders to support a variety of special projects, including acquisitions, fundraising, business modeling (3-statements model, including short and long term planning), product changes, investment decisions, and long-term IPO readiness
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Director of Corporate Finance if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience in an analytical field, such as corporate and strategic finance, investment banking, financial planning and forecasting, with a preference for experience in subscription and high growth businesses with Enterprise sales model
- Have 5+ years as an empathetic people manager
- Can work seamlessly with Google Sheets. All internal projects and reporting are finalized and presented in Google Sheets, Docs & Slides
- Have the experience implementing and leveraging FP&A tools (e.g. Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, etc), including building reports and models in these tools
- Have a working knowledge of US GAAP
- Are an influential communicator of strategy, vision and financial insights
- Are a strong cross-functional collaborator and partner
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful leader and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You’ll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us. (remove if you can hire international candidates
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow’s request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.