Leadfeeder is a fast-growing international SaaS startup, headquartered in Finland. We are on a mission to bring web intelligence to our customers. Simply put, Leadfeeder helps companies know more about their website traffic, which enables them to convert promising visitors into sales and marketing leads.
We are a remote-first company, which means you can work from wherever you prefer as long as you are physically located in Europe. To support our distributed setup, we have a culture of transparency, ownership, and collaboration. We love our casual dress code, company retreats in sunny locations, and the opportunity to work with a truly diverse 100+ strong team based in 25 countries.
What sets us apart? We are a market leader with a solid business model ready to be scaled. Our data-driven and customer-centric approach keeps us grounded while providing a basis for sustainable and ambitious growth.
Are you a self-starter looking to learn and grow as part of a world-class team? Join our journey!
About this role
The Head of Content Marketing & Communications is responsible for bringing this vision to life. You’ll develop a deliberate content strategy; focus on outstanding production; and ensure meaningful and widespread promotion to our target audience through things like social media, SEO, and PR. You’ll also be responsible for understanding and reporting the impact of your team’s work, both from the perspective of how well we’re doing in growing our audience to the number of people signing up for our product because they first heard about us from our content.
The successful candidate will understand how to motivate a team to create impactful content for marketers at companies who sell online. S/he will have a strong understanding of email and marketing automation, including trends and topics that will best appeal to and support our audience.
This position is responsible for managing a small team, and growing it over time. Core responsibilities include:
- Define & lead the strategy for production and distribution. You’ll need to understand industry trends; empathize with prospects; understand customer needs; and stay up-to-date on product information.
- Enable consistent, high quality content creation & promotion. Work closely with internal team members and freelancers to create content across a variety of formats. Devise & execute promotional plans for new content resources. And make sure we do it all in a consistent way that is true to our brand.
- Oversee marketing activities across earned and owned media. Cultivate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the marketing automation community. Empower your team to identify new and creative ways to engage and educate them. This position will oversee our social media channels, PR strategy, and email newsletter.
- Set & track against meaningful success criteria. Set clear objectives for your team, and ensure you have the right tracking in place to report on their progress.
- Promote a content-first culture. You’ll be expected to play a leadership role across the company in advocating for and encouraging a content-first culture. Proactively solicit content contributions from other teams; mine ideas across the organization; and help educate your Leadfeeder colleagues on how to produce high quality content.
Your performance will be measured by growth in metrics that correlate with increased awareness and engagement with Leadfeeder across the community; including:
- Website traffic driven through content
- Interaction on social media channels
Most importantly, you will be responsible for understanding and enabling interest in our product from our readers and email subscribers, and rapidly growing the number of Leadfeeder users who first find us through content
To apply for this position you’ll need to be proficient in each of the competencies listed below:
- 4+ years of content marketing experience, ideally with a SaaS company.
- Experience editing.
- Experience using tools like SEMrush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Independent self-starter with great communication skills.
- Comfortable with a remote-working environment where you’ll be expected to proactively take charge of strategy and ownership over key success metrics.
- You must have a proven track record as an exceptional manager.
- Only candidates with previous management experience will be considered.
- The chance to work with a very knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
- An international, diverse, fast-paced, and results-oriented work environment
- The opportunity to work remotely, with a flexible work schedule
- A competitive salary
- Bi-annual company retreats in sunny locations (currently remote, but we’ll resume as soon as traveling restrictions allow it)
If this role excites you and sounds like a great fit, please apply below!