AngelList Venture is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC firm. We’ve innovated on new ways for VCs to raise money, new ways for startups to provide liquidity for employees, and even index-like VC funds.
We’ve grown exponentially in 2020 (www.angellist.com/2020) and have exciting plans for 2021. If you want to help us build the future of venture capital, we welcome you to apply.
About the Role:
AngelList Venture is looking for a senior regulatory compliance and risk professional experienced in financial services and technology to lead our Compliance function and act as Chief Compliance Officer for our regulated entities.
Compliance leadership is a competitive advantage for AngelList Venture. In this role, you will play a critical role in ensuring that AngelList Venture continues to promote a culture of compliance and sound risk management by managing our regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management programs in line with regulatory requirements in support of our continuous product innovation. You’ll play a fundamental role in scaling and operating a best in class regulatory compliance program as AngelList Venture expands in its existing markets and launches new product offerings. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our compliance strategy and operations to ensure AngelList Venture complies with its legal and regulatory obligations, regulatory reporting, and regulatory relationship management. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing our data privacy compliance and security risk management programs.
AngelList Venture is both a technology company and a financial services company. You will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy finding innovative compliance solutions, designing efficient compliance systems, and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
AngelList Venture provides the tools that make it simple for anyone to become a funder or founder. Supporting over $7.6B in assets under management, 77 unicorns backed by AngelList Funds & Syndicates, and 51% of all top-tier U.S. VC deals in our portfolio, AngelList is the nexus of venture capital. If you want to help us build the future of venture capital, we welcome you to apply.
Come help us build the future of Venture.
- Be responsible for designing and executing a scalable regulatory framework to ensure AngelList Venture and our customers meet legal and regulatory compliance obligations. This includes managing regulatory reporting requirements, overseeing AML/KYC/KYB programs; overseeing investor accreditation and suitability standards; maintaining a calendar of compliance obligations; managing cross-functional compliance issue management and remediation projects; and conducting cross-functional compliance training.
- Serve as the appointed Chief Compliance Officer (RCO) for our regulated entities in the required jurisdictions and perform all responsibilities of said roles.
- Draft and implement policies and procedures, and work cross-functionally to build scalable processes, systems, monitoring and testing programs, and internal controls to ensure the consistent and effective application of our compliance program.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all regulatory compliance matters, and build relationships with regulators and financial partners.
- Proactively monitor product launches, changes in business models, and regulatory developments to ensure that applicable regulatory programs continue to be met.
- Produce internal regulatory compliance performance reports.
- Manage external audits and regulatory examinations and remediate any issues identified from report findings.
- Create and deploy training materials for the business.
- Maintain and scale our data privacy compliance and security risk management programs, including data mapping, security governance, risk monitoring and testing programs, and incident response plans.
- A forward-thinking and solution oriented approach to compliance operations.
- Minimum of 10 years combined relevant experience in a top law firm, government agency, and/or in-house regulatory compliance role in the financial services industry.
- Experience building and operationalizing compliance programs.
- Experience interacting with financial regulators.
- Experience building and managing efficient and effective teams.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, innovative, rapidly changing environment. getting up to speed on new areas of law quickly and effectively, and comfortably in a startup business environment.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
A Remote-First AngelList: AngelList is a remote-first company – you can choose to work remotely or work from one of our offices in hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. While AngelList offices are only partially open at this time in accordance with local health guidance, you choose how and where you’d like to work even in a post-COVID world.