Based in New York, Clubhouse is the project management platform company loved by software teams around the world. Thousands of the fastest-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan and build software, including Nubank, Dataiku, Scale AI, FullStory, and LaunchDarkly.
As the Head of Community, you will be a key-member of the Clubhouse Marketing team reporting directly to the CMO. You will be directly contributing to the growth of our business by being responsible for the overall success of our community efforts globally. For all of us at Clubhouse, “Joy” is core to our company identity. You will be focused on building 1:1 relationships with customers and prospects by being helpful, giving back and creating joyful experiences.
Community is part of the Marketing team and is tightly engaged with Clubhouse’s distributed Engineering and Customer teams. This ensures alignment to a consistent strategy and program execution with the freedom to experiment with new ideas.
What you’ll do:
● Own and drive our community playbook, ensuring that every Clubhouse advocate on social media, our Slack community, in our blog, feels connected to the brand and they are being helped in a timely manner.
● Delighting and giving back to our customers and prospects. Creating new swag items that are unique to our industry that make our customers happy.
● Partnering with our Head of Content to distribute multiple forms of content across platforms in a timely, compelling way.
● Own sponsorship responsibilities to support community and developer programs (e.g. open source) that enhance our brand.
● Own partnerships externally with like-minded technologies and groups, to advocate for the community and to highlight, and promote, Clubhouse’s community approach.
● Develop and launch community programs (online and offline) that broadens our reach/audience and awareness with developers.
● Establish a local presence of Developer Evangelists in the top tech hubs (SF will be the first location).
● Team-environment. This role will actively foster a culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and consensus-based decision-making. We will support you in that endeavor.
What you’ll need to have:
● Community building is fundamental to your identity.
● Proven ability to craft compelling content about technology or demonstrated ability to guide those doing so.
● Ability to make data-driven decisions including budgeting
● Looking for a strong player-coach with a ‘get-it-done’ mindset: not afraid to roll up your sleeves, create the content yourself, and do what it takes to get the job done.
● Experience building and managing a team of community managers and developer evangelists.
● Track record of building and executing community programs for a technology company.
● Outstanding communicator with the ability to work cross-functionally across a multitude of disciplines.
● Familiarity with, and a real passion for software development.
● Experience working for a startup or an early stage company.
● Comfort working with, and managing, a highly distributed team.