Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 77 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
Coursera empowers thousands of universities around the world to offer online education to students, faculty, and staff. Coursera for Campus is an important business line and a top company priority. The Growth Marketing Manager, Universities will play a central role in driving demand for the Coursera for Campus Basic plan, which is a long-term free offering for universities, particularly department heads and faculty. We’re looking for a multi-faceted, data-driven growth marketer to drive global acquisition and conversion rate optimization by partnering with product, UX, data science, and field marketing teams for our Coursera for Campus Basic plan. In this role, analytical acumen, optimization instincts, product savvy, and a growth mindset are key to driving growth, engagement, and conversion. If this sounds like your dream job, we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Campaign Management: Create, manage and experiment with acquisition campaigns to optimize the funnel
- Paid Media: Manage performance marketing campaigns including optimizations, and reporting
- Email Marketing: Project manage global email programs including B2B lead acquisition and email nurture campaigns to convert freemium users to paid
- Landing Pages:Oversee production and optimization of high-conversion landing pages alongside design and web development teams
- Reporting and Analytics:Analyze data to monitor campaign performance and uncover areas for improvement. Prepare and present recommendations, reports, and experiment findings all the way up to the executive level
- 4+ years of B2B marketing experience in a fast-growth environment
- Strong growth track record, with samples and results of past campaigns
- Demonstrated history of exceeding email and landing page performance benchmarks
- Background in managing managing paid media (preferably LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook Ads)
- Experience in effective stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration with people across the company to gather the necessary information to execute campaigns and programs
- Demonstrated history of exceptional project management skills
- Experience with driving free trials or low-cost B2B products at enormous scale
- Self-starter with strong communication skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Hands-on attitude and excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward
- In-depth knowledge of higher education industry and how to market to professors and department heads
- Working knowledge of combuilding reports and dashboards