Hipcamp is looking for a strategic, analytical, and action-oriented Director of Growth Marketing to join our distributed Marketing team. The ideal candidate has 5+ years in performance marketing or Growth, 3+ years in a management role, and experience driving acquisition and retention through new channels in a two-sided marketplace. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from (almost) anywhere in the US, then we want you!
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s Marketing mission is to connect people with the magic of the outdoors. We make Hipcamp successful by understanding our users and inspiring them to engage with our platform. We’re responsible for all of Hipcamp’s marketing activities to Hipcampers (our consumers) and Hosts (the wonderful people who share their land on our platform).
About the Role
In this role, you will define and manage Hipcamp’s performance marketing strategies and tactics that help Hipcamp scale in new and existing markets. You will be responsible for leading a team that executes on omni-channel marketing strategies and campaigns that drive acquisition and retention of Hosts and Hipcampers. You will be responsible for managing a large marketing budget that will be strategically split between geographies, demand, and hosts. You’ll work closely with peers in our Product and Marketing teams, and cross-functionally with our Design, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver the content and experiences that drive the core growth engine of our business.
What Success Looks Like
- You set the vision for the short and long term Hipcamp marketing roadmap and prioritize projects, tasks, and opportunities based on data and potential business impact
- You build and grow a team of best-in-class marketers across growth marketing, communications, and content.
- You partner with Operations and Analytics to identify, understand, and acquire Hosts and Hipcampers in key markets
- You understand the value of mobile app growth and know how to drive app downloads, engagement, and transactions
- You create, optimize, and iterate on campaigns across lifecycle, paid, and organic channels to drive adoption
- You inspire your audience towards action with clear value propositions and creative
- You create data-driven frameworks and systems to define and communicate priorities
- You define success metrics, analyze performance, experiment, and iterate quickly
- You are scrappy and maintain a strong bias towards action.
- You do what it takes to go from 0-100.
What Sets You Up For Success
- Proven experience managing a digital marketing team, preferably with a two-sided marketplace or in the travel/outdoors industry
- Expertise managing multiple online paid channels (Facebook, Google, YouTube, affiliates)
- Experience driving mobile app growth and finding new audiences to expand potential user base
- Expert using marketing operations tools (Google Tag Manager, Segment, Branch) and knows how to set up new channel attribution from scratch
- Keen understanding of top and bottom-line marketing metrics that will be used to report to key stakeholders
- Excellent web analytics skills (Amplitude, Google Analytics, SQL, Looker) and a passion for data
- You are comfortable crafting and interpreting in-depth analytics reports autonomously, and you spot opportunities that simplify decision-making even with large data sets
- Experience working with engineering teams to craft and analyze end-to-end user journeys, understanding how marketing functions within the customer funnel and love working with product and technology teams to make journey improvements (e.g. host onboarding, search and discover)
- Experience presenting complex content to varied, often senior, internal groups
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills that enable you to prioritize and manage marketing tasks effectively
- Experience working with finance or operations teams to create marketing budgets, pacing, and forecasts
- Experience using CRM platforms like Iterable or Braze is preferred
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed teamPassion for our mission
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.