The Udemy Learning Design team is looking to hire a Graphic Designer on a flexible contract basis to help design & create various assets for the online video courses we create. The Graphic Designer would work with our team of Learning Designers to design unique assets for each course and build libraries of content/slide templates for our team to use. We would expect you to be able to commit to 10-15 hours per week. This is a US based remote role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Course asset consultation & design
- Consulting with Learning Designers on each course’s visual needs
- Creating PowerPoint slide decks & PDF worksheets that align with each course’s particular look and feel
- Creating or sourcing desired images or graphics to illustrate course concepts
- Creating short animations to accompany explanations of concepts
- Consulting during post-production to confirm placement & final look of course assets
- Creating a library of new general-use slide templates
- Creating/sourcing a bank of visual content that can be easily edited and used across multiple courses
- Icons, process-based visuals, animated treatments for on-screen text
- Experience working in Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and InDesign
- Proven high-quality slide design across varied subjects & visual styles
- Ability to create graphics & animations based on written descriptions
- Comfortable working collaboratively and iteratively with content partners
- A background in creating instructional content is highly desirable
Compensation for CO: This role is structured as an hourly rate position with flexibility in the work hours (10-15 per week) depending on your other commitments. It is also OK if you have other clients or another job. We would expect to pay a minimum of $35 per hour should you work from CO.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).