The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Fundraising Production Coordinator (Email) to join our team, reporting to the Senior Fundraising Manager. As the Fundraising Production Coordinator, you will be a key participant in the online fundraising team’s year-round, multilingual fundraising and engagement campaigns. The magic of the online fundraising team’s process is its dedication to controlled (“a/b”) testing, which leverages Wikipedia’s audience of millions of readers to iterate and improve all elements of our online donor pipeline. We use that testing model on the email team to contact more than 15 million people each year while ensuring we respect our donors’ time and their inboxes. The Fundraising Production Coordinator will work with the Email Fundraising Specialist (EFS) and Sr. Email Marketing Manager (SEMM) to apply their expertise in responsive email design, producing flawless email templates and automated programs, engaging with results to propose new test ideas, and helping to identify key ways to improve our processes and revenue strategies.
In this role, you will be a critical part of getting out the message to Wikipedia readers and donors that free knowledge is worth supporting.
You are responsible for:
- Create engaging, responsive email templates for all types of email campaigns, from fundraising, to donor engagement, to acquisition, as directed by the SEMCA, EFA, and Senior Fundraising Managers.
- Participate in creating email templates and copy that improve performance of fundraising emails and increase donations YoY.
- Design automated email programs for new list acquisitions and donor retention, and work with the team to develop new test strategies.
- Perform rigorous QA of emails to ensure features, from design to dynamic content, display accurately across devices and donor profiles.
- Conduct and report on user tests to improve user experience of our emails, and stay updated on trends in the industry.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and feedback groups and stay on top of test results to help direct our iterative process.
- Adapt to our ecosystem of production tools, including a translation interface, email service provider, campaign manager, reporting dashboard, and a variety of web applications (spreadsheets, documents, etc.).
- Look for ways to improve processes and documentation to help the team constantly evolve.
Skills and Experience:
Qualities that are important to us:
- Fantastic attention to detail; “our process is our product.”
- Expertise in HTML and CSS for email, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar, and enterprise Email Service Provider(s)
- The ability to thrive in a distributed, international team. We care for each other and we care about hitting our impressive deliverables. Independence and self direction are critical.
- Adaptability – ability to work on fast-paced environment, with evolving processes
- A willingness to learn on the job and comfort working within fast-paced, technical environments.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Fundraising experience
- Experience working in multilingual and multinational markets
- HTML and CSS for web, i.e. for landing page design
- Experience in designing graphics for campaigns
- A/B testing experience
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.