Do you have what it takes to be PadPiper Employee #1? We’re straight out of Y Combinator, just closed our first round of fundraising, and are hiring our first employees.
PadPiper helps renters live happier. PadPiper is a marketplace where thousands of renters from 40+ countries find places to live, people to live with, and activities nearby. We’re constantly improving, growing, and living the startup life. This year, we’ve processed over $1.2 million in rent payments, and we release product updates every week.
PadPiper is looking for a Full Stack Developer with deep product sense and the ability to turn product specs into reality. By joining our team, everything you do has the ability to make a real, measurable impact and ultimately change how people rent and live.
In this role, you’ll become familiar with all parts of our stack while designing and implementing new features and improvements throughout our architecture. That might include challenges like the complexities of a real-time, single-page web application, scaling backend services under high load, and improving our payments engine. You’ll be a driver for positive change to PadPiper’s engineering culture, processes, and technology.
$80,000.00 – $120,000.00/year
- Write, test, and deploy code throughout our entire stack.
- Brainstorm and plan features and guide product decisions.
- Assist Customer Success team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production.
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies.
- Review code and have your code reviewed.
- Love the work you do everyday.
- Strong knowledge of our core technologies: NodeJS, ReactJS, AngularJS, Postgres, Elasticsearch and AWS (React Native / Expo is a plus).
- Familiarity with the following services are preferred: Stripe, Plaid, Segment, Mixpanel, Google Maps/Places API.
- Experience with fintech APIs or payment processing.
- Strong desire to learn and constantly improve.
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy.
- A desire to learn, grow, and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup.
We’re a tight-knit and dynamic team of product experts, tinkerers, soccer ball kickers, squash players, world travelers, podcast listeners, skiers, and squatty potty-owners. We came together after renting 49 apartments in 7 years during which we realized how bad the renting process is. We decided to fix it. We learn fast and love working with and challenging each other. In our past, we’ve worked on products for big and small companies, including Google, Apple, Salesforce, FarmLogs, and Ticketmaster.