SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
GetFeedback by SurveyMonkey
GetFeedback by SurveyMonkey provides customer experience management for over 10,000 customers, including some of the world’s leading brands: Yeti, Nike, The Standard, Salesforce, and FitBit. We are attacking the massive opportunity for providing customer experience in a rapidly growing $44 billion space. With a presence on three continents, GetFeedback is reinventing what a customer experience platform is and has doubled revenue every year. GetFeedback joined the SurveyMonkey family in September 2019.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer who has a passion for solving interesting problems and optimizing customer experience.
Some of the things you will do as a Backend Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Building new dynamic features and experiences for our cloud-based software applications.
- Creating unit tests to ensure functionality throughout the development cycle.
- Helping grow the company by implementing trackable metrics for data-based decision making.
- Working on both user-facing and non-user facing portions of our software.
- Staying on top of software trends and continuously self-educate.
As part of our team, you’ll work closely with product managers, fellow software developers and designers to build new features and enhance current offerings in GetFeedback by SurveyMonkey‘s software products. Every engineer here gets a chance to contribute cool and innovative new features that hit production fast, so you’ll have plenty of chances to watch what you worked on roll out and help improve the lives of millions of users.
This position could be onsite or remote.
- Minimum of five years of experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, or an equivalent server-side framework
- Experience utilizing third-party service APIs
- Culture of code reviews and collaborating closely with others
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience and training
- Remote candidates should have experience working in a virtual office
- Experience working on high-traffic websites
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Agile, test-driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.