Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will be a key contributor fueling our growth engine. You will be working with a small team that is responsible for a world wide solution. You’ll be responsible for the infrastructure that is serving our site and building innovative products that highlight Udacity’s unique advantages. We are looking for a technical leader willing to take risks, be willing to fail, learn from her failures and help grow the team through lessons learned.
- Drive new feature development and help scale our front end
- Find compelling ways to expose Udacity’s unique advantages to potential students
- Write high performance code designed to scale
- Execute growth experiments and manage the entire lifecycle of an experiments
- Constantly find ways to make the FE infrastructure more scalable, both organizationally and technically.
- 5+ years of javascipt or related languages
- Deep experience in a modern web framework.
- Deep knowledge of how fast websites work from the client to server, up and down the stack.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.