Are you a creative freelance video editor interested in working on diverse video projects ranging from corporate videos, to explainer videos, to social media ads? If so, we’re looking for you to join our remote marketing team on a per-project contract basis.
- Start to finish editing of audio and visuals for a wide range of marketing videos including; case-studies, customer stories, recruitment content, product announcements, product overviews, event coverage, internal communications, paid ads and social.
What we think you’ll bring to the role:
- Ability to execute video projects based on strategic briefs
- Bring your unique creative perspective to each project
- Expert post production skills using Adobe Creative Suite
- High level of experience compositing and animating in After Effects
- Knowledge of codecs, aspect ratios and other video formats
- Ability to deliver within tight time constraints
- Ability to give and receive feedback openly and honestly
- Able to work effectively in a remote environment
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
ThoughtExchange welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Support is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Finally, we know from time to time emergencies happen and you may need to reschedule an interview – we understand and encourage you to be in communication without worrying about losing the opportunity or your credibility.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us – it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
- Over 185 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
- Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
- Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
- Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
- Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
- Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
- Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
- Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.