Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
An ever-increasing number of individuals, families, and businesses are using 1Password every day and 1Password needs to scale accordingly.
Be a part of helping us build the backbone of 1Password and come join Browser Experience, one of the fastest-growing Engineering organizations at 1Password. The Browser Experience organization is responsible for delivering high-quality experiences everywhere our customers are. From the web to desktop, and all the way to mobile, our teams work across the stack to delight our customers.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for tactical execution by the team, helping to define and implement the development process, design reviews, and ensure that projects are running smoothly. In addition, you will be responsible for hiring and mentorship as you grow your team. This role is equal parts people leadership and technical leadership.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience managing teams of high-performing developers
- Recent practical experience using TypeScript and Web Technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged, and meaningfully challenged to do great work
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and get to work yourself on technical challenges when needed
What you might also have:
- Experience managing remote teams
- Working experience with Rust
- Experience with delivering products that ship across multiple platforms (Web, Desktop, Mobile)
- An aptitude for helping to build processes that scale well as the team scales
What you can expect:
- Recruit and hire a diverse team of strong engineers to create an inclusive workplace
- Manage engineers and develop Engineering leads
- Foster an environment of innovation, execution, and collaboration
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables for projects and initiatives with the team as well as cross-functional partners across the company
- Provide technical leadership to developers both in your team and across the Engineering organization
The Browser Experience organization is building the next generation of industry-leading web apps for wherever our customers find themselves. Join our team and help build the 1Password experience loved and used by millions!
– Andrew Beyer, Browser Experience Lead
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> 🏦 A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.