Monzo is an exciting combination of a bank and tech start-up, started from scratch in February 2015 to build a bank that makes money work for everyone. We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
Combining the learning of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world, with your own unique approach you will help build an elite world class team that fosters our open, collaborative, and inclusive working environment which embraces change and loves to continuously learn.You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
The People team at Monzo is responsible for making sure our employees are empowered to do the best work of their lives. As an Employee Relations Specialist you will be working with a small, committed team, within the wider People team, to support our Customer Operations department with employee relations work. You’ll work with our HR Advisors to guide and coach managers with all aspects of employee relations cases. In collaboration with the People Advisors, you’ll review our People policies and processes to ensure scalability and compliance with employment legislation. You’ll work cross-functionally within the People organisation to share your specialist knowledge. This role will report to the People Partner for Customer Operations.
You’ll be hands-on in the day-to-day
- An expert and the go to person for all things related to employee relations at Monzo
- Managing a high volume of employee relations cases, including: sickness absence, performance management, grievances, disciplinaries and appeals.
- Ensuring effective case management with a focus on minimising any negative financial and reputational exposure to the business
- Ability to ensure fairness and care across our policies and ways of working regarding all employee relations issues
- Checking and monitoring adherence to company policy and procedure – identifying where we have gaps or risk
- Sharing expertise in shaping training and learning initiatives for ER management to increase management confidence, ensuring there are mechanisms in place for people to learn
- Provide escalated support on complex cases, working with senior stakeholders across the business and providing key insight and decisions as the specialist within ER
- Coaching managers at all levels of the business to upskill management ER capability
You should apply if you have:
- Extensive ER experience across a range of complex and varied case work
- Experience in driving forward continuous improvement throughout ER practice and policy, with a scalable approach
- Strong up to date working knowledge of employment law
- Experience of working on your own initiative, at pace within a demanding environment
- Excellent judgement with a logical, meticulous and pragmatic approach to decision-making
- An ability to think strategically about ER issues
- Highly effective interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to gain others’ confidence quickly. An experience in managing challenging conversations
- An ability to quickly build strong and trusting relationships at all business levels and to work effectively in a small, committed and high performing team
- The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise, and two final stage interviews online.
- We welcome candidates who wish to work in our London or Cardiff offices or someone who wishes to permanently work from home. At this point in time due to the impact of the coronavirus everyone works from home.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.