Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an Email Marketing Manager. This role will be part of the Growth Marketing team, reporting to the Vice President, Growth Marketing. The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving email marketing strategy and programs, designed to drive activation and transaction revenue growth from SMB audiences, one of our fastest growing segments. In this role, you will partner closely with Product, Sales and Revenue Operations to scale our self-serve purchase funnel and create an engaging customer experience.
- Build and execute a customer-centric email communications strategy that will meet/exceed Company targets for activation and first 30 days transaction revenue.
- Dig into customer data to understand & define customer segments, then use this data to inform campaigns that you will design to drive growth from users at all stages of the self-service purchase funnel
- Partner with Product and other GTM teammates to create a seamless end-to-end experience that delights our SMB customers and encourages them to take action
- Define, track and measure email program KPIs, identifying where we can improve performance and then execute A/B test plans and optimizations to address these opportunities.
- Leverage Marketo to build email campaigns, including behavioral triggers, lifecycle series and ad hoc and transactional emails
What you bring:
- 6+ years of experience developing and managing email marketing programs that were successful in driving consumers or small businesses to take action & generate revenue
- A customer-centric mindset, always seeking ways to improve the customer experience.
- Uncanny knack for uncovering compelling insights from large sets of data & understanding customer motivations
- Intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, a passion for problem solving and an A/B testing mindset
- Excellent written and verbal skills, especially in crafting communications that convince/persuade customers to engage and take action
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment and track record driving results with minimal supervision
- Well-versed in email marketing best practices and a demonstrated track record testing new approaches
- Hands-on experience with Marketing Automation tools, such as Marketo; Google Analytics; and Looker. SQL experience nice-to-have, but not required
- Successful track record building email programs for ecommerce companies
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $114,878-$135,150.