Sketch is an award-winning platform that helps over one million designers, from freelancers to some of the world’s largest teams, design better products every day. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, who we are and where we’re headed.
What we do
It’s an exciting time to join our expanding Marketing team. We have ambitious plans in place for 2020 and need to recruit an experienced, talented and creative Educational Content Creator to get us there.
Our aim is to continue to grow our brand profile on a global scale, retain and strengthen our position as an industry leader, and help our users design better products with Sketch.
Marketing is made up of the following teams:
-Copy and content; who educate and inform our users at every stage of their journey.
-Community and events; who put Sketch at the heart of major design conferences and local meetups.
-Web and digital; who grow and shape our web and digital presence.
-Social; who manage and develop our channels to reach global audiences
What you’ll do
Working within the content and copy team, you’ll be writing, creating, and producing engaging and insightful content that helps our audience make the most of everything Sketch has to offer. Your role will primarily involve creating written content, but if you have skills to create videos or even sample projects in Sketch, you’ll be able to put those into practice, too.
What we’re looking for
You’ll have professional writing experience and (ideally) a background or strong interest in design. Evidence that you can communicate your ideas in written form, even on a personal blog, is essential. You’ll be a fast learner, able to understand new concepts, figure out new features and communicate them to our audience in a clear way.
Writing a great article, blog post, tutorial or technical guide should be something that comes naturally to you, and you’ll be able to manage multiple projects at the same time. You’ll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work. You’ll also be willing to experiment and work in new formats — from video tutorials to webinars — whether you have prior experience with them or not.
Our team works remotely and communicates mostly in writing, so you will need to have excellent grasp written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
On a typical day, you could be:
- Growing and shaping our blog by writing regular posts, helping to introduce customers to new features and updates, and working with external contributors to enhance what we do.
- Bringing a new hub of educational content to life, writing in-depth tutorials and best practice guides on everything from specific Sketch features, to wider design concepts.
- Creating content for new product features and updates, including blog posts, documentation, social posts and tutorials.
- Working closely with our events and community teams, as well as our Customer Service and Customer Success departments to create educational and support content.
- Working with the web team to write and update pages on our marketing website.
- Proof-reading copy from other team members, offering advice on best practice, and advocating for our tone of voice and style guidelines.
- Supporting the design and product teams by advising on in-product copy where necessary.
- 2+ years in a writing, communications or design education role.
- A background or strong personal interest in design.
- A working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- An understanding of how to write for the web, email, social media and other formats.
- Strong examples of your writing (whether its for a personal blog or elsewhere).
- An excellent level of written English.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
- Experience of working for an in-house marketing department or creative agency.
- Design and/or video editing skills that you can apply to and enhance the content you create.
- Experience of commissioning and working with other writers.
- Experience of writing technical guides or tutorials.
- A working knowledge of tools like Mailchimp and Notion.