Hotjar’s culture is the key to ensuring we are working together optimally to achieve our vision. This position will have the critical objective of ensuring culture is top of mind in everything we do for our team and for those that join our team in the future. Here’s a brief description of what we mean by culture.
Hotjar’s a fast-growing company with a diverse and remotely distributed team of 45+ individuals. We’re looking for someone with the experience, know-how, and mindset to help us achieve our vision by attracting and retaining a premium virtual team. In this role, culture must always be top of mind across everything we currently have in place, change, and/or introduce.
The Director of Talent will have the responsibility for all people-based strategic and operational activities within Hotjar. They will regularly lead/oversee activities across a variety of areas, such as resource planning, recruitment, training and benefits/perks administration, and will be the first point of contact for internal team member issues handled outside of standard reporting relationships.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure Hotjar’s people-based plans support the needs of the business, but are also flexible enough to align with our culture and cope with changes in the organization
- Be the primary point of contact for HR related matters
- Direct the development of norms around our cultural values and continuously execute on ways to reinforce them
- Manage the recruitment strategy, process and team members for the company
- Leveraging internal and external resources, create, maintain, and execute on processes and initiatives to actively identify and create demand for candidates that are ideal for open roles and cultivate mutual interest where there’s a fit
- Ensure the recruitment process aligns with our values, measures emotional intelligence, and includes the right criteria to vet candidates. Iteratively review and improve it.
- Guide leadership and team member actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines for people related matters
- Conduct a needs analyses for training, and develop a plan to fulfill the needs of the organization; manage the plan and its associated budget
- Develop and improve an appraisal and performance based feedback system based on our values
- Manage performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant, professional and business-minded way
- Maintain and analyze information on data, such as team turnover, cost per recruitment hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Develop, execute and maintain a compensation strategy that incorporates factors such as experience, skills, role commonality and diverse geographies
- Propose and maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Support the leadership team and team leads by providing personnel centered/human resources advice, counsel, mentoring and decision-making expertise
- Develop, maintain, and run internal training programs on how to be a good team lead / leader in general and how to collaborate effectively as a remote team.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €80,000 to €110,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- At least 5 years of prior experience leading a Human Resource department (or equivalent) for a fast-growing company. This should include companies that have scaled beyond 100+ people.
- Prior experience with defining and embracing a team culture within the workplace
- Must be able to demonstrate prior experience putting HR/People Management processes, procedures, and tools in place and evolving, enhancing, and modifying them over time
- Required to be both strategic in your work and a hands-on working leader. We’re a startup and everyone gets their hands dirty
- Experience with developing, maintaining and executing on an ambitious recruitment plan
- Prior experience with delivering training and public speaking
- Ability to understand areas of potential concern pertaining to labor laws and situations
- Must be highly organized. You’ll be dealing with a wide variety of issues on any given day. They’ll range from seemingly trivial to mission critical and must continuously be prioritized and acted upon appropriately
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate would experience within a remote based company or team
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by a third party
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in time zones that align with Europe (UTC 0 to UTC +2, essentially between London and Eastern Europe).