60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Where product marketing’s role is determining what features our customers are looking for, it’ll be your responsibility to guide that work through development and launch, and make sure it meets our customers’ expectations at the other end. You will report directly to our Head of Product giving you the opportunity to shape the overall product strategy in addition to your core product marketing functions.
We’re looking for someone who is self driven and eager to learn, who’s excited not only about bettering the product, but also self development and having fun along the way.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in the security, identity or access management domains
- An undergraduate degree ideally in a technical track. It’s a plus if you have an MBA 5+ years in the product marketing function in a B2B go-to-market, enterprise sales model
- The ability to assess what our customers are looking for as well a deep understanding of the sales process so you know exactly what it takes to win business
- Strong messaging and positioning chops with repeated practice creating the materials the sales and marketing teams need to carry out their functions and writing copy to support this
- Experience and comfort partnering closely with the marketing team to support the messaging and content needs of the organization
- The aptitude to understand and communicate the value of technical products to development and engineering managers as well as IT and security leaders – even better if you’ve sold into these audiences in your previous roles
- Analytical skills – you’re metrics-driven and you’re comfortable finding and digging into data, and teasing out insights
- Strong leadership abilities and the aptitude to take psychological ownership for the projects you own and project manage them through to success
- Experience collaborating with user research and personally conducting customer interviews so that you can represent the voice of the customer
- Excellent presentation skills and experience training internal teams as part of bringing products to market, particularly the sales organization
What you can expect:
- Capture and prioritize the needs of sales, marketing and product as it pertains to outputs from product marketing and gain agreement from these constituents as to the phasing of your work
- Review the messaging of our competitors and adjacent players and review our product messaging blueprint
- Take the lead on training our sales organization on the updated messaging and related sales materials that spin out of this
- Own training the sales teams on new product releases
- Work with our data science team to capture data needed to inform decisions based on the activities you drive
- Own the strategy around in-product messaging and the bridge to our help center to ensure customers understand and adopt the product
- Work with the docs team and product marketing to gain alignment and deliver on your vision
- Depending on the workload of the product marketing team and marketing team be open to picking up activities that might not be directly in the scope of the product marketing function
- Conduct customer interviews and competitive analysis to form your own point of view on our product direction so you can contribute to our product strategy