Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s Marketing mission is to connect people with the magic of the outdoors. We make Hipcamp successful by understanding our users and inspiring them to engage with our platform. We’re responsible for all of Hipcamp’s marketing activities to Hipcampers (our consumers) and Hosts (the wonderful people who share their land on our platform).
About the Role
As the Director of Partnerships at Hipcamp, you will be responsible for accelerating the growth of our Host and Hipcamper communities through partnerships with strategically aligned organisations. You will work closely with our country General Managers, their regional teams, as well as with our Government and Community Relations department, to identify where partnerships would be most impactful to help us reach our goals, and the types of organizations that will best get us there. While you highly value partnerships that directly impact the bottom line, you also understand and invest in the long term value of partnerships that will uplevel our global brand.
You will be responsible for building a process that can equip local teams with the ability to move quickly on opportunities at the local level, while you build a pipeline of high-leverage regional and national partnerships. The strategy and vision is yours to shape, and you will have a highly leveraged impact on Hipcamp’s continued growth. We have huge amounts of interest from industry leaders for partnership—you are in charge of designing what that looks like at Hipcamp—in a way that will get more people outside and protect more land.
What Success Looks Like
- You turn partnerships into a primary means of supply, and demand, acquisition for Hipcamp
- You structure your efforts to provide a regular cadence of new partnerships coming online that also lines up with business needs
- You introduce new forms of partnerships that accomplish business goals in ways that we hadn’t considered before
- The deals you strike are at a scale that will materially impact our growth, have a positive ROI, and a rapid payback
- You partner cross-functionally to ensure the right partnerships are prioritized, and so that post-deal execution happens flawlessly to ensure the opportunity is rapidly realized.
What Sets You Up For Success
- You understand the value Hipcamp brings to communities, and are passionate about getting the word out to as many people as possible6+ years of partnership / business development experience, with an ideal focus on scaling local marketplaces through partnerships
- You have experience working with varying types of organizations (NGOs, private associations, etc.)
- You know the ins-and-outs of how to structure partnerships to set them up for success
- You’re not only comfortable with, but are highly motivated to own the full lifecycle of partnerships at a fast growing startup. From strategy, to outreach, to close, through to execution and expansion.
- This is your domain to shape and grow.
- You know that the ultimate measure of success are the outputs the deals generate
- Saying you’re a self-starter would be an understatement.
- You move incredibly fast to hit your goals.
- You use data and processes to prioritize and execute strategies so that you can continuously measure and refine your methods.
- You bring energy and hustle to your role and the teams you partner with, and don’t limit yourself to “how things have always been done”.
- You carve new paths to prove that there’s a better way.
- Proven track record of executing on complex projects under tight deadlines and with ambitious targets.
- You don’t shy away from a challenge.
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.