We’re looking for an exceptional marketing leader with deep expertise in product marketing, marketing programs, and brand strategy. You will build and lead our product marketing, programs and brand teams, teach the company about our customers, our positioning, our brand, GTM strategy, the competitive landscape, and our marketing programs. We are looking for someone with a proven history of driving successful brand and go-to-market strategies that create a strong customer understanding, accelerate growth and retention while leading high-performance teams.
As Zapier’s Marketing Director, you will work together with your team to drive our go-to-market strategy, marketing programs, market analysis, product positioning, brand positioning, messaging and creative platform. Additionally, you will partner with the product team to provide market, segment and user insight to the product roadmap and key feature sets based on the findings of your team’s efforts. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work together to set a vision for the brand, develop a world-class team, and create cross-functional partnerships within marketing and across the organization.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
- 10+ years relevant experience, proven track record in PMM, Campaigns and Brand in a technology/SAAS company.
- Solid experience in building a 2-sided marketplace where each side strengthens the other
- Passion for managing people, developing talent and building a resilient team culture
- Experience driving strategic work and operationalizing the output across an organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to present work at an executive level
- Strong analytical skills, ability to partner with analytics teams to develop and apply key insights
- Positive, company-first attitude, strong collaborator with proven ability to partner/lead cross-functional efforts
Things You’ll Do:
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Own Zapier’s brand, positioning, creative and messaging platform, customer segmentation, and competitive landscape
- Hire, develop, and lead a global team of world-class marketers to help us bring Zapier to the people everywhere
- Drive strategy around activation, engagement and retention campaigns
- Drive go-to-market strategies and provide key input to product development roadmaps
- Develop a rich understanding of our partners, users and customers, their key wants and needs through research, feedback loops, and direct interactions
- Understand the competitive landscape, and identify opportunities to reinforce Zapier’s competitive category leadership
- Inform marketing campaign strategy based on knowledge of the customer, their needs, and our creative/messaging platform
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 150+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.