Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork’s Marketing team leverages technology to deliver client and talent experiences that have outsized business impact. The Director, Marketing Technology will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing Automation and Technology and be responsible for developing an overarching roadmap in partnership with functional marketing leaders and other cross-functional stakeholders., integrating new technology within the larger Upwork ecosystem, maintaining and evolving current integrations, and representing Marketing in matters of data privacy and preference management. This role will also be responsible for operationalizing processes that sit on top of department-wide tools such as Tealium and leveraging data and analytics to unlock value within the tech stack. This is a technical role that will partner closely with marketers and engineers within our Data Platform Services team. You will be joining at a pivotal time as we’re making big infrastructure improvements to support the next phase of the company’s growth.
- Be the subject matter expert and admin of key systems (CDP, LiveRamp)
- Develop and execute against a future-ready roadmap that is privacy first but also meets the evolving needs of our business
- Ensure our system configuration is keeping up with our strategy – understand audience segmentation use cases and ensure we have the requisite data pipelines and data dimensions and segmentation evolves with the business (data use cases)
- Configure systems to support data and analytics use cases
- Lead new technical integrations between technology tools and the Upwork backend, and evolve integrations as required
- Drive education and enablement programs as required to unlock value across Marketing
- Oversee and guide tech evaluations and RFPs
- Manage one direct report and influence cross-functional teams as we leverage technology to achieve marketing outcomes.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience using CDP for segmentation tool for a complex business (Tealium)
- A background working with a complex technology stack (ESPs, CDP, identity graph, internal data lakes, consent management systems, etc.)
- Experience leading large technology evaluations or negotiating large contracts
- Knowledge of data privacy and other related laws
- Proven partnership to drive large and complex technology integrations
- Strong project management, organization, attention to detail, and communication skills
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.